interwood router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sustad

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys, I've been very lucky and have been given an interwood router. I believe it to be an OFL. I can only get it to run in one speed. any thoughts? if anyone out there has a wiring diagram I would be most grateful. am very confused by a switch that reverses the cutter rotation. I've downloaded a manual from scott and seargents, but sadly no diagram or any information on how to change the speeds. ta

Sorry cant help with wiring but just making sure, does it have its frequency changer to achieve the high speeds

I don't know the machine but do understand the electrical principles at work here.
You need to change connections/taps on the driver motor in the motor generator unit
This will be a combination 4,6 and 8 pole motor which will drive the generator at 1500, 1000 or 750 rpm to produce 400, 300 or 200Hz output

Another possibility is to lose the motor generator altogether and run it from a suitably powerful inverter and you can have continuously variable speed at the router spindle.

Can't really help with the technical details but mine has a changeover switch that switches between 16 and 24k revs which presumably changes the frequency changer like Bob says

Cheers

Jon

Ta guys, the switch is probably been wired up wrong. At the moment it switches it from forward to reverse. So with luck swapping wires should give me two speeds. Still missing the third speed tho.

I really do not suggest that you randomly swap wires in the vain hope that you will happen upon the correct arrangement.

Understand what you are doing first!!

Back