Intersting job opportunity

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"competitive" salary... Very annoying when so many jobs say that...

That's a warning sign around here when facilities or organizations are constantly hiring (continuously) and advertise "competitive pay and benefits".

Just as common are businesses who request applications provide their salary objectives and then ridicule those who are generally well qualified as expecting way too much. Ghee, if you wanted to hire at 75% of market, you could've just said that in the posting and nobody would've wasted time.

I can't ethically apply until they change the name to Brexitforest Limited.
You wouldn't get very far anyway, unless you could prove your right to work in the UK, which would have tobe done at a fairly early stage of the application process.
It would be interesting to see if your sharpening expertise works on felling axes though.

it works on felling axes. I have a few set up. If you watch old USDA instruction, sharpening and using axes for felling isn't bad (it's not fast like a chainsaw), but about as strenuous as a walk up a grade and more like placing strikes than slamming away.

Nearly identical principles, though - geometry and sharpness (sharpness at a file level with no burr is plenty for a felling axe, and a rub stone to straighten damage).

I'm not aware of axes being made now that are really suitable for felling, though - the geometry in new axes is wrong.

(I could fell and limb trees with an axe faster than I could get access to them, though)

I, of course, wouldn't apply for a job in Scotland.

I think he knows that. It's just stirring.

The brexit part was in jest. Nobody overhere knows the difference between "euro" and "europe" unless they're the equivalence of a corvette enthusiast in sweden.

Interestingly, Chevrolet tried to make a trim model on an ugly car and name it "eurosport", but there was nothing euro about it. Sort of like they called one car the "Celebrity" which led to us kids (back then, remember when people really loved cars - most people don't seem to care much about cars now) saying "no Celebrity would drive that car".

And then that joke showed up in seinfeld.

We are all well aware here (at least people who have seen past the shore) that England/Scotland and "europe" are two different things ( the latter is considered to be more or less france and germany and then down from there - sorry for folks elsewhere, we sort of expect france and Germany are the identity of continental europe now, and the rest of the folks just joined a team with them....well, and Italy.

Back