internet speed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine is the same! good excuse to start making the ethernet network I have planned

Terry - Somerset":31mqs2fy said:
It must be very local problem. I get 30 mbps + download, 10 mbps upload and 10ms response time.

I got 30mbps+ .......... once, for ten minutes or so. :)
Cornwall (Truro) is one of the slopwest places in the Country.

Slowest. I quite loke "slopwest" as a word, though, I'll just have to find a meaning for it. :D

Definitely fluctuating here from the past. It definitely seems to be throttled by ISP. (Virgin) I'm on a high capacity deal and at certain times of day you can certainly detect the daily variations. Wireless to the (deadest zone) kitchen just goes out altogether in working hours. No complaints tbh given the situation. To be expected. If I'm noticing a difference a 100mb+ Phil, I'm surprised you're online at all although it would be fascinating to see how they are managing throttle speeds on a national level. They are well used to this. Any major release of a game like call of duty is well managed these days.
Sorry don't mean to sound an expert. I'm clearly not but it has to be being managed. It's a resource like any other. Are they being 'advised' by Govt. Or just managing the best options at corporate level?
Makes you wonder.
No I don't wear a tinfoil hat btw.
That's just conducts the Lizard peoples alphawaves deeper into your brain. :wink:
Just wondering. Are those noticing no difference on good wired connections in relatively low density populated areas?
Any tech gurus able to clear it up?

Best speed I have ever seen was 850meg download and 640 upload, that's Janet the joint academic network. I only get about 130 meg at home.

Pete

Latest posts

Back