Internet help required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Posting in projects between ukworkshop and photobucket I loose my web page when I swap back, this never happened with windows xp, but cannot seem to have many pages open with Windows 7.

What do I need to do to keep early web page open?

Jacob, the tabs work when they are there but switching to another web site and the tabs close.

I have succeeded in getting tabs this way which is long winded.
Open up photobucket and do the necessary.
Cannot now open ukworkshop and alternate between the two, no tabs.

However if I do the necessary in photobucket, go to my email and follow a link back to ukworkshop I get the tab.

Something as changed (using i/e 8.

Please help. :twisted:

Jacob I have now succeeded in getting those tabs, this way, open i/e using the short cut on my bottom tool bar, gets ukworkshop, minimise, go to Programs and open i/e8 from there and I have now got two open internet connections and with tabs.

It wasnt always this way was it?

Mines a mac so it's all a lot easier :D so I'm not sure about IE. You certainly don't need to open it twice if that's what you are doing.
You should be able to open a page in one tab and others in others, and just swap between them. The only problem being to remember to close them when you no longer want them.
An IE person will be along shortly!

You should be able to specify 'open links in new tab' or similar. I'm using 7 and writing this in tab no.19, with a second window minimised with three tabs. I am using Opera, but even ie should be able to do this.

Just opened ie, if you right-click on a link your second 'context menu' option is 'open in new tab'.

Thanks Mike, I never knew that one, but something is still not right my end, it opened a new link but I lost some as well. perhaps I ought to shut down and restart in case I have got a screw loose somewhere!

Did a shutdown, now got two tabs up by right clicking and selecting open new tab.

Thanks Mike perhaps I had not realised that this was one of the changes that has happened uping to W7 from XP.

Sadly miss my XP, I have lost ten years of windows learning and experience, changes do not suit me these days.

Do you have a clickable middle mouse button DW? The scroll wheel in the middle of left and right click can you click that down as well as turning it? Do that on any link you want to open in a new tab.

Chems":3tlhc7bc said:
Do you have a clickable middle mouse button DW? The scroll wheel in the middle of left and right click can you click that down as well as turning it? Do that on any link you want to open in a new tab.

Thanks Chem, I use a stylus and tablet these days to save finger wear, :wink:

.Cannot now get my time to greenwich summer time ?

been to board prefences in profile and it will not change.

Perhaps its got to wait a shut down?

Afternoon DW

Click on the time on the end of the taskbar and then on 'Change date and time settings' in the box which opens.

That opens a box with all your options.

Cheers

Dave

devonwoody":thbewjq8 said:
.Cannot now get my time to greenwich summer time ?

been to board prefences in profile and it will not change.

Perhaps its got to wait a shut down?

You needed to select Yes to Summer Time/DST is in effect:.

Have a look at the Tools pull down option, select Internet Options, on the General tab that it opens with click on the Settings button in the Tabs section. This gives you all the available settings for tabs. If the pull down menus are not showing then press the Alt key to display them (temporarily).

Not that it's any help, but I've never had a problem with multiple tabs or browser windows and swapping between them all.

Misterfish

Thanks MF.

What have I got wrong to just get extra web pages when I click the icon?

16w.jpg

Attachments

• 16w.jpg
    16w.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 465
devonwoody":2acc66xx said:
What do I need to do to keep early web page open?
Try an IMac DW :mrgreen: (hammer) ...you can keep as many pages open on the screen as you want, without 'tabbing'...which of course it'll do as well - Rob

from your pic it looks like the settings are correct.

from that pic where do you want to go, or what do you want to do?

if you want to keep the existing pages open and open a fresh tab to go to different page, just click the 'empty' tab at the top of the page (grey square at end of tabs). (or possibly from the top menu, File - open new tab)

if you want to open a link from the page you are on but want that in a new tab, right click on the link and 'open in new tab' , or just hold the ctrl button down when you left click on the link.

you should be able to open as many tabs as you like, but if your pc's a bit older it may start slowing down if you have more than 5 or 6 open at one time.

Thanks Nev and all others, its simple when you know how, that grey square is the bees knees (that should help me remember that one :wink: )
As mentioned earlier I have moved on to W7 and these sort of things have crept in, and really I dont really want that sort of thing at my position in the life scale.

Woodbloke, in ten years time you will most probably upgrade your mac and the system you have been used to will most likely change, perhaps you will then realise the older we get the less change to life we want. (for me anyway, I spent £425 upgrading to a new PC and W7, you spent a lot more I assume to a mac so we both got a bargain.)

PS I have now got 5 tags up top and the last one still has a grey square. problem solved by forum experts, hope others gained as well.

Latest posts

Back