International Woodworking Festival - London

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no cameras that I know about. i've stayed there ages and never worried about it. There are no machines etc to pay for any type of parking.

Seminars look good

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
39bb9c701a09a216866834a1708ad873.jpg

Trains are borked. 40 min journey is now 2 hours. Typical. I'm on the DLR with a load of sweaty comic con types who apparently havent heard of shampoo. Wtf. I can see 3 deadpools. One poster paint female hulk. They are just the ones i recognise. Dear god. One lady is dressed as a real human. I believe she too is regretting her choice of journey.

Bm101":nepmhgs7 said:
Trains are borked. 40 min journey is now 2 hours. Typical. I'm on the DLR with a load of sweaty comic con types who apparently havent heard of shampoo. Wtf. I can see 3 deadpools. One poster paint female hulk. They are just the ones i recognise. Dear god. One lady is dressed as a real human. I believe she too is regretting her choice of journey.
Sigh. Yes, this is public transport on a weekend. Weekdays are even worse (although less superheroes)

I decided to drive and park. The extra £5 in cost was worth it. I get enough of public transport during the week.

Lie Nielson sharpening seminar now.

He is using only 1000 grit and 10000 grit stones and a flattening plate. Some people like to talk about sharpening on here :)

Japanese joinery next, which I'm most looking forward to

Is anybody still at this? I have locked myself in the toilet on the third floor by mistake. Its been two hours now and I'm getting a little worried...

Bm101":1dr8k9vp said:
Is anybody still at this? I have locked myself in the toilet on the third floor by mistake. Its been two hours now and I'm getting a little worried...
Holy rubbish! I'm home now. Are you still in there??? I can call them.

Edit: I couldn't find a phone number so I've emailed them. Hope you are free by now!!

Not sure...
The lights went out about half hour ago and I'm really hungry now. I fancied a Burger King when i got to Liverpool Street this morning but they have replaced it with a french cake shop so i got a prawn mayo sandwhich instead from marks cos otherwise its macds sausage burger and i will only eat that at the best of times at work. Nevermind the weekend.
Anyway.
I think this is it for me.
Glad I went on the saw sharpening half hour with the lovely bad axe guy. Highlight of the day for me.
Brilliant. Who wants to buy my saw set? Im a hammer settin' man now! At least I will be. At some point.
Not sure it was worth dying in the toilets at a technical college for but there you go.
Looked out for ukw faces and had my suspicions but never asked just in case i was wrong and just seemed insane. :lol:

Anyway. It's been a good ride.

Back