International Woodworking Festival - London

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke66

Established Member
Reaction score
A 'heads up' for anyone interested. Derek Jones, erstwhile editor of F&C has a new woodworking festival organised for the 26-27 Oct. Looks to be a good line up of workshops, demonstrators and the obligatory bazar with all (or most) of the usual suspects - Rob

Saw this on Derek’s Instagram feed, looks an interesting event just a shame it’s in the most awkward & expensive location to drive to.

Doug B":31e8e14p said:
Saw this on Derek’s Instagram feed, looks an interesting event just a shame it’s in the most awkward & expensive location to drive to.
Can't remember the last time I drove in London (well over twenty years ago) and there's only limited parking anyway at the venue according to the info on the website. The recommended route is via the DLR from Canning Town, jumping off at Cyprus. My train tickets from Salisbury were only a few £'s (dept. Sal 0708 (!) so it's probably cheaper to go by train n'tube than motor - Rob

woodbloke66":13r95ko6 said:
Doug B":13r95ko6 said:
Can't remember the last time I drove in London (well over twenty years ago) and there's only limited parking anyway at the venue according to the info on the website. The recommended route is via the DLR from Canning Town, jumping off at Cyprus. My train tickets from Salisbury were only a few £'s (dept. Sal 0708 (!) so it's probably cheaper to go by train n'tube than motor - Rob
A quick Google showed a 5 hour train journey one way so a non starter for me without even looking at the price which is usually astronomical. Plus if I want to buy anything it means lugging it home on public transport.

Anyone planning on going to this? I keep thinking about getting a ticket.

Yeah I'm going to go - one of the few times I'm in the country at the right time. Not too far for me though.

If there's a little group we could meet up for a cheeky pint too!

Ok. I was probably gonna do the Saturday. That way if I have work I can just drive home down the A13. I'll make some enquiries at work and get back to you. What suits you? Others? Come on there must be a few about. DLR is just down the road.

I'd like to go to this but the timing and location is a bit rubbish for me. Shame really as there are a few people demonstrating I'd like to meet/watch.

I'll be there. Look out for a tall rich handsome blonde man with piercing blue eyes and all his own teeth. Thats not me but look out for one in case you have any single friends.

I'm hoping to go tomorrow (Saturday). Will be parking since public transportation on Saturday through Stratford will be a big pain.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Chaps,
This is just a hop skip etc for me, but I note parking is £10. There is a shopping centre at Gallions Reach just around the corner so if you don't fancy paying the parking on site, its less than 10min walk from the Gallions Reach shopping centre which is free parking.
Might suggest the shopping to her indoors and I'll nip over and have a look :)

https://maps.windows.com/?form=WNAMSH&e ... ing%20Park

mbartlett99":1gcqd9wb said:
Is there tube strikes tomorrow or something?
No, it's just crazy busy at that station for the lines I use

kinsella":2w20gypg said:
Chaps,
This is just a hop skip etc for me, but I note parking is £10. There is a shopping centre at Gallions Reach just around the corner so if you don't fancy paying the parking on site, its less than 10min walk from the Gallions Reach shopping centre which is free parking.
Might suggest the shopping to her indoors and I'll nip over and have a look :)

https://maps.windows.com/?form=WNAMSH&e ... ing%20Park
Ooh good tip! Are the car park t&cs only for shoppers though?

Edit: yes, website confirms that.

I don't suppose you know if there is a time limit on parking? I don't mind doing a bit of shopping for the parking privilege.

Back