International Tool Auction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Went to Tony Murland's auction yesterday. There were less lots (1080) than in previous years although there were one or two very nice pieces I was not hugely wowed. There were dealers in the car park flogging some stuff - one especially had some great things. However, I managed to restrain myself unusually and in the end only bought a little Preston shave.

A few pics

IMGP0323_Small.jpg

I lusted after this shooting board but managed to calm down when told it was £800

IMGP0321_Small.jpg

IMGP0319_Small.jpg

And one for Andy

IMGP0326_Small.jpg

I don't have drool enough to fully express my feelings... :( Thanks for the pics, Chris. I think. :? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Chris, thanks for the picture. I have never seen cylinder blades like before. Do you recall how much it went for?

Useless fact. Do you know that the term Shank's Pony has its origins rooted in the lawnmower? Alexander Shanks of Arbroath was an early pioneer of automated grass cutting machines and patented a mower that was intended to be pulled by a man rather than a horse (whose hooves would have quickly torn up a fine lawn) while the head groundsman steered from behind.

Andy P

Andy,

Sorry, I have no idea what it costs - it was for sale outside the auction by one of the itinerant dealers there.

Thanks for the Shanks pony reference - interesting!

Back