INTERLINKED SMOKE AND HEAT ALARMS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have thought sending messages to your phone would require an interface of some kind, I don't know any standard Smoke or Fire alarm that does that without being interfaced with a Fire alarm panel.

Last edited:
The only phone app I use with the Aico alarms are to download the information from the alarms as shown previously on this thread on posts 17.

To me it's a moot point, would I want to know there is a problem if away from home or just find out when I get back and it's all been sorted. 🤔

As above I don't think the Alarm Interface can be operated to call a mobile phone directly, that would have to be through an alarm panel of some type connected to your phone line or broadband provider, even then calling a mobile number has its own problems if it does not connect immediately.

As Mike has said you would need a fire panel to provide remote warnings but these type of systems are not often found in private properties because just having linked detectors in your house would be enough to give warning and for the occupants to get out. Fire panels provide zones and status info for larger organisations that may have dozens of different detectors and locations and often do link to local fire services.

I now have all my alarms and I will soon be fitting them. Do I wire in all the alarms, allow the backup battery to fully charge then get all of the head units together on a table to do the interlinking and house coding then refit to the base plates?

House coding is done with the alarms fitted in place, simple process just pushing the button on the units, as you go from unit too unit the lights should flash with the number of units house linked, needs to be done in place so the range and order is remembered. Should have added you have a time limit on how long it takes to do them all, think its 20mins or something more can't remember without looking it up, but I was able to do all of mine including the three in separate buildings.

Last edited:
@mrpercysnodgrass Download the phone app and get the information from the alarm, push the centre portion three times whilst holding the phone with the app open near the alarm, the noise is the alarm downloading the information to the phone, its noisy, but should then show you all the information on the alarm status.

Latest posts

Back