Interesting Website

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Was trawling through the turning forum (mod related trawl, of course...)and in the Purple Heart thread one of our newest members (Ray aka Argee) pointed to his website. Alot of interesting projects, shop tour, tool talk, tool modifications etc. Very interesting (apart from the wall of Bessey K Bodys....) and a very modest description of a tool as a "Swiss made biscuit jointer". Dark red in colour.
Well worth a look, one of the better UK sites.

http://www.raygirling.co.uk/ggeshop.htm

Noel, who hopes Argee doesn't mind the attention.

Well, yes and no! I only pointed to the site because I haven't discovered how to include pictures with a post yet. I'm sure the answer is around here somewhere, but I'm still new, so I'll get round to finding it later. I wasn't trying to wave the site under anyone's nose, but I'm pleased you like some of the content. I need to update the site (something I've been meaning to do for a bit) as it's well out of date. I'll do some current pics tomorrow and update ASAP. Just the catalyst I needed. :)

Ray.

Hello Ray
I agree with Noel. You do have a nice website. You sure have a lot of equipment in a small space. If you had lots of room, what would you have?
We'll see after retirement won't we. :D

On a second note, you have a beautiful home!!

Maybe I have been here long enough to say welcome to the forum. 8)

Travis

Nice one Ray!
A very tidy workshop-good thing you're not a hand tool nutter as well or you really will run out of space! :roll:
Glad to have you aboard,
Philly :D

Nice how you layed out your garage/workshop, its a real pitta how we somtimes have to struggle with the space we have.

But one thing i noticed, you have the wife and kids undercontrol not to put any of their stuff in your space

That is with us the biggest fight, I have to share the garage - not with cars etc, but more with the stuff the wife and kids not longer want in their rooms.

And do we use the stuff NOOOOOO. and then is stays in the garage for more then years to come

Welcome to the forum, Ray :) The site is great and its nice to see such a tidy workshop, although having looked at it I'm now suffering from a severe case of Bessey-envy!

Cheers,
Neil

Ray, very nice workshop and lots of useful stuff elsewhere on your site.

I Like the coffee machine is there a stash of biccies as well?

Andy

Hmm, SCMS in the corner eh? That's not a bad idea; wonder if that might solve a small problem of mine. Great workshop, Ray, and I'm oh so jealous of the 20" bandsaw. Big bandsaw, small tablesaw, yep, great workshop. :D Bit concerned about the lack of hand tools until I saw the tell-tale Stanley box; there's definitely material to work with then. Just walk this way a minute... Now, tell me, are you familiar with The Slope...? :twisted:

Cheers, Alf

Ray, a few upgrades since I last looked (yesterday)....Very nice and even got the van too. Well done.

Noel

Maybe best to ignore Alf's comment on the No 4........

Very nice workshop, Ray... very nice website, too :). Lots of good info and inspiration.

Back