Interesting video from Record Power

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideways

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
This was linked from a recent marketing email and I though it might be of interest to others.

I've tried and sold on a couple of Record machines in the past but I am pleased to learn about their investment in UK based manufacturing, their efforts to build export sales and that this appears to be working for them.

Very interesting and it would be a great boon to have these companies make their own produce again. But that said, I think with RP they are only making some of their stuff, and maybe the relatively speaking the easy things, like chisels, or fabricated items like the dust extractors featured.
Cast iron I dont think so. So many parts will be imported either from elsewhere int he world, or somewhere in the UK, but if the UK thats going to need those companies to expand their operations and invest heavily.
Thanks to the B word, getting stuff from the EU will have increased in price, and if shipping from the likes of China where the transportation/import costs have increased. So while nice to be UK made(if in fact it is UK Assembled) the prices could rise substantially.

Back