Interesting table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Custom-table-Maril_1411136i.jpg

The word hideous springs to mind. Where do your feet go?

I agree with top - my inclination would be to break it up , recycle the top and put the rest in the firewood pile - £12k for that ???? heees 'avin a larf

I agree, its bloody awful. Its the sort of thing you might find in an antiques fair for a couple of hundred quid and as the chap said, you can't get your chair and feet underneath. People don't really want dark furniture these days.

big soft moose":278ck31v said:
I don't suppose it will be long before USD-GBP convergence, but agree, 12000 of any money's too much for that thing until the Munroe connection's factored in. Perhaps the hideous bottom circumference bars forced President Kennedy and Arthur Miller to play "tootsie" with her on separate occasions under the table :wink: But of course, in the US lounges and rooms our size are generally just for walk-in-wardrobes. So for them plenty of space to put feet other than under the table

I don't like it either. Looks like the kind of furniture I'd expect a bench joiner to make [no offence intended to anyone here! :shock:] rather than a true cabinet maker, if you know what I mean... Lots of jigs, templates but no real finesse. :)

What is it made out of? That top has to be worth something...

woodbloke":1rqlqlu8 said:
big soft moose":1rqlqlu8 said:
I agree with top - my inclination would be to break it up , recycle the top and put the rest in the firewood pile - £12k for that ???? heees 'avin a larf

Agreed...but would you have liked to have a little 'tete a tete' with the lady:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/mu ... 11084i.jpg

at that table? - Rob

your not wrong - but what i have in mind would have broken the table and thus rendered the whole debate moot. ;)

Back