Interesting new type of camera

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting but a gimmick.
Two ways for it to work?
I reckon either it is taking a picture with a wide angle lense and small aperture to give a massive depth of field and then applying a blur filter or whatever to give the effect of selective focus.
or it is taking the equivalent of three photos at larger apertures and layering them, you focus on a specific area in the image and it chooses that area of focus.
Looks like stuff you can do with an SLR camera, ok one picture per set up.
Chunko'.

chunkolini":a981qphm said:
Interesting but a gimmick.
Two ways for it to work?
I reckon either it is taking a picture with a wide angle lense and small aperture to give a massive depth of field and then applying a blur filter or whatever to give the effect of selective focus.
or it is taking the equivalent of three photos at larger apertures and layering them, you focus on a specific area in the image and it chooses that area of focus.
Looks like stuff you can do with an SLR camera, ok one picture per set up.
Chunko'.

I'm afraid you're way, way off :)

here

or here

"However, it is understood that megarays do not translate to megapixels, and final image quality may be considerably less than that of conventional digital cameras"

Don't think I'll bother then ...

There was a feature about it on the box a couple of months ago.
Not quite as good as it is cracked out to be?
Still lots of issues to overcome before it is viable but a very interesting concept.

Rod

Fascinating technology, although the Wikipedia entry makes the reasonable point that the resulting image is very low resolution. You don't get something for nothing as far as information theory is concerned.

Meanwhile, the largest single image I produced this week was about 550MB, before compression...

... complete PITA to process on the PC.

Harbo":nczr2q9f said:
There was a feature about it on the box a couple of months ago.
Not quite as good as it is cracked out to be?
Still lots of issues to overcome before it is viable but a very interesting concept.

Rod

Might find a niche in surveillance work.

BugBear

Latest posts

Back