Interesting air nailer design

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shed9

establiSHED member
Reaction score
Just saw this online;

https://www.airbowsystems.com/

Airgun with onboard high pressure air tank making it untethered. I believe (may be wrong) they have started shipping in the UK at £600 including a free purpose built (310 bar) compressor.

Interesting design given its the first iteration of it.

I wonder if this tech drip feeds into other air tools? Self contained spray gun, etc...

Since this is aimed at framing and similar large format jobs I wonder how many nails it will actually fire before it needs recharging. They say up to 300, I expect this is best case scenario tiny nails.

Interesting technology. Looks like a good idea, I note the compressor is not yet available (free with nail gun). If they can make it worth with other air tools then they may have a winner.

Battery nailers have come a long way as well. Tethered technology may soon disappear.

My framing nailer is excellent but uses a sh/t ton of air, I can't see it fireing more than 2 90mm nails with that tank.

I will never go back to pasolade, I threw my last one of the scaffold after the battery dropped out for the millionth time that day!! With air the nails are cheap they can be used in any weather condition even underwater! Yes having a compressor and heavy hose can be a pain but also very good for lifting or lowering the tool when up high!

The dewalt 18v offering is good, but fails to drive them home often.

Adidat

adidat":k0dwwc0m said:
My framing nailer is excellent but uses a sh/t ton of air, I can't see it fireing more than 2 90mm nails with that tank.
It is 310 bar to be fair
adidat":k0dwwc0m said:
The dewalt 18v offering is good, but fails to drive them home often.
I've heard a lot of issues with Dewalt firing pins. Was initially tempted to go that route but ended up with a Fasco a few months back. I'd never heard of them before I went looking for a new framer but they seem to be the mutts nuts in the air tool world. They even do wooden nails - I kid you not.

https://www.beck-lignoloc.com/en

Yeah we used to use plastic nails to pin together windows casements whilst they where I the air clamp frame years ago, it meant they could go through the drum sander without damaging the belt. I was quite surprised when I first saw them.

I got a great deal on my bostitch one from a member here, don't be too loud though I think he still pretty upset about it!!

:D :D :D

Adidat

I have the DeWalt battery nailer for second fix. It is faultless. The reputation on their first fix nailer is much less good. I think Paslode are losing their market dominance.

Hi all,

Just noticed this post and the replies and thought I'd add to the information. Unfortunately the tool is not yet available in the UK but it's certainly in our plans. The Airbow Framer does fire up to 300 nails and this is using 90mm D Head nails. The reason that it can do this is that the tank is full of high pressure air (4,500psi / 310Bar) and it only uses around 1.1 grams of air to actually fire the nail and recock the striker.

We do have other tools in the pipeline that will work off the same technology so, if you're interested, keep an eye on our site. The compressor is available (but is in limited stock) but we have a replacement due in June which provides a significant upgrade in functionality and ease of use for the user. Hope this helps, any questions please feel free to contact us via the website

Airbow Systems":zykp1kgy said:
Hi all,

Just noticed this post and the replies and thought I'd add to the information. Unfortunately the tool is not yet available in the UK but it's certainly in our plans. The Airbow Framer does fire up to 300 nails and this is using 90mm D Head nails. The reason that it can do this is that the tank is full of high pressure air (4,500psi / 310Bar) and it only uses around 1.1 grams of air to actually fire the nail and recock the striker.

We do have other tools in the pipeline that will work off the same technology so, if you're interested, keep an eye on our site. The compressor is available (but is in limited stock) but we have a replacement due in June which provides a significant upgrade in functionality and ease of use for the user. Hope this helps, any questions please feel free to contact us via the website
Hi Airbow Systems, thanks for jumping in and confirming certain aspects. Are you able to confirm a UK price? I'm definitely interested in the product and will be keeping an eye on your site. Good to see this level of development and I wish you luck.

I'm afraid I can't confirm a UK price at this stage. I can advise that in NZ, the Airbow Framer retails for NZ$956 (+ sales tax / VAT) and the current compressor is NZ$870 (+ Tax / VAT). The next version of the compressor is likely to be more expensive (increased functionality) but pricing on that is yet to be confirmed.

Thanks for your interest in our product!

I'd love to see an 18 gauge nailer in this kind of configuration, the cordless ones are quite expensive and have very questionable longevity so I've stuck with the whole lugging around a heavy compressor, hose, and gun for a while. Not sure how big of a demand there would be for an 18g nailer but I would definitely look at buying one if it were available.

I find it interesting! It's nice to see a company going out of their way to actively communicate with the community even if it is one that is 11,000 miles away :D

It would be nice to see it in Britain at some point, especially that 18GA brad nailer I was on about earlier :wink:. Fixing into concrete with just air is quite impressive too.

Out of curiosity, I noticed it said that the compressor wasn't suitable for diving tanks because it wouldn't be clean breathing air but would the high-pressure compressor fill up anything that needs high-pressure air like a diving tank for example? I've got a tank for filling up a rifle and it would be so much easier to either fill the tank at home or fill the rifle direct from a compressor as there are very few people with the equipment to fill a tank.

Yeah, the compressor will fill a tank. We say not suitable for diving tanks as the standard we use for air quality is Industrial air, not breathable air. It will also depend on what pressure your tank is rated to. Our compressor is 310Bar / 4,500psi whereas most tanks are rated to 3,500psi.

Back