Intarsia Racoon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JangoTrooper

Established Member
Reaction score
Well hear goes. I made a Kathy Wise Intarsia Racoon. I made this about two years ago. I used spalted oak for the back. The Racoon is made of walnut, wenge and ash white stained. The branch is elm, the leaves are movingui and padauk.

I used shellac and beeswax as a coat to finish. This was all made using a scroll saw.

Working on picture replacement.

Last edited:
Well hear goes. I made a Kathy Wise Intarsia Racoon. I made this about two years ago. I used spalted oak for the back. The Racoon is made of walnut, wenge and ash white stained. The branch is elm, the leaves are movingui and padauk.

I used shellac and beeswax as a coat to finish. This was all made using a scroll saw.

View attachment 97777
very nice work !

Would that be to stop somebody claiming it as their own work? Bas....s, I can see why I suppose it’s very nicely done.
I would like to know about the white staining on the Ash please. Ian

I noticed this picture can be seen when not logged into this forum. Yes for others not to claim it.

As for the white stain, actually meant white dye.

Hi Jango, would love to know a bit more about your white dye, I have used colours which I add to polyurethane varnish but I’ve never come across white, can you tell me what make you use please? Ian

It would seem that Jango has decided to protect his work by removing the photo hence your bafflement, basically from memory it was a picture of the animal made up of different pieces of wood using a scroll saw. Ian

Back