Insulation thickness for walls?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be interested to know what it has been like working in it over this winter? Do you know the minimum temp it went down to inside at all?

thanks

Mike
Mike I honestly don't know what it's got down to and I always put the heater on when I go in. Some days I;ve gone in and thought "ohh thats nice" as it was already noticeably warmer than outside though. I think we hit -5 here at one point. I'd get a pair of thermometers or something to easure it but I'd only be doing it to answer the question!

I'd not want to not have the heater, lets put it that way.

I've now just got the heater on a programme to attempt to get it it to 17c every morning from 7-10. I've not idea what it's actually at at any given time though.

Hi guys,

I have. 6m x 3.5m garage and have outside access to 3 of the walls.

I would like to insulate the walls but want to not eat into the space too much.

What insulation thickness is suitable for insulating an out building garage?
I insulated my garage last year with insulated plasterboard. I lost about 80mm with the battens. I was concerned too as my garage is small at 5.5 x 5.5 but I dont regret it now. When the temp was -2 the other week I had an oil rad on full whack and it kept the room at a cosy enough 15C. Plus when it snowed it was not melting on the roof.

I insulated my garage last year with insulated plasterboard. I lost about 80mm with the battens. I was concerned too as my garage is small at 5.5 x 5.5 but I dont regret it now. When the temp was -2 the other week I had an oil rad on full whack and it kept the room at a cosy enough 15C. Plus when it snowed it was not melting on the roof.

Thanks, I’m going to try and use 50mm on the walls and use 100mm+ for the roof.

Just trying to keep it warm for the winter and cool for the summer.

Another insulation question .... hope I'm not thread crashing......

I have a 12 X 10 garage with pillars I'm wanting to insulate and board it inside, but I don't want to loose volume.

I'm thinking rockwool in the bays and foil insulation over the pillars would that be reasonable?

Cheers James

Back