instant-water-heater

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
When I moved into my present location, I put a sink with one of these

https://electrical-showroom.co.uk/2...YWmEWZqAFKvCQ-vr7WinSsxyfF_HWVPwaAqyMEALw_wcB
close by the workshop. Very handy for handwashing etc before returning to the house. It lasted just long enough to clear the warranty.

I've got along without it for a while, but now with colder weather I'd like to get some hot water again.

There's loads of variations available with varying reviews.

Anyone with first hand experience of something that lasted a while?

I had one from Screwfix. It was about £60, IIRC and it lasted precisely 370 days.
I replaced it with a Chinese cheapo, for a third of the price and it has been brilliant. The temp is adjustable (unlike the SF jobbie - that was on or off). It's not this particular model, but very similar:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/264508298598
Just don't expect the flow rate to be as gushing as in the 'Shopped picture! It's fine for hand-washing though, I love it.
S

I was looking at those on Amazon, they get good reviews.
Yep, I’ve fitted hundreds of Triton showers over the last 39 years & on the whole they have been trouble free so when I found a T30 on the Internet half the price of the sheds I thought it was worth a punt. At 3KW it’s never going to produce masses of hot water but it’s ideal for washing hands, wetting up rags & cleaning off brushes

right now I'm using solar for hot water.....
will make a smaller unit for the workshop.....
even in winter it's good enough.....
but hardly ever getting below 2degC helps.....hahaha...

The Triton T30i arrived yesterday.
So looking it over tonight with a view to fitting it tomorrow, I notice a warning.

Not to be fitted in an area which may freeze.

It's just possible that "the shop" would drop below zero a few times over winter.

Any of you guys have a solution?

In the absence of any suggestions from the board, I went ahead and purchased a thermostat, which I will attach to a fan heater and set at 3 deg
Should solve the problem.

Back