Insomniacs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Webby":2ks3fzr1 said:
A few insomniacs on here this morning looking at the posts :D :roll: :wink:

Webby,

Depends on how early you consider insomniacs are up and about. I am up and about around 6am, but then am usually in bed by 10pm. (Unless there's summat good on't telly. Which ain't often.) Although I forced myself to watch Villa last night, just so I could shout at the box and say, 'Please go away Big 'Eck! (Or words to that effect.) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I wouldn't pay him in bus tokens.

Latest:
My wish is granted. He's been sacked. I wonder who Lerner will employ in his place? It'll have to be a conjurer who can work miracles with budget has-beens mind! I am expecting Owen to come knocking on the gates this close-season. :roll:

Benchwayze":h22x0sh9 said:
Webby":h22x0sh9 said:

Webby,

Depends on how early you consider insomniacs are up and about. I am up and about around 6am, but then am usually in bed by 10pm. (Unless there's summat good on't telly. Which ain't often.) Although I forced myself to watch Villa last night, just so I could shout at the box and say, 'Please go away Big 'Eck! (Or words to that effect.) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Latest:
My wish is granted. He's been sacked. I wonder who Lerner will employ in his place? It'll have to be a conjurer who can work miracles with budget has-beens mind! I am expecting Owen to come knocking on the gates this close-season. :roll:

Have to be an insomniac to follow the villa recently!

1) always last on MOTD
2) football has been zzzzzzzzzzz

Owen??? David...Michael...Oyston!?

thick_mike":10ennvjf said:
Benchwayze":10ennvjf said:
Webby":10ennvjf said:

Webby,

Latest:

Have to be an insomniac to follow the villa recently!

1) always last on MOTD (Unless they are playing Man Yucknited!) My edit Mike... Sorrry! BW!)
2) football has been zzzzzzzzzzz

Owen??? David...Michael...Oyston!?

He of Liverpool, New-Castle and Man-Yuck! I didn't know there was any other sort of Owen! :lol:

I agree with your remarks about the current Villa too, and I supported them for 60 years plus. :roll:

Been going down the villa since I was 4 (on the old witton end, just in front of the bovril kiosk). That was in the old third division. Dad's been going down since just after WWII. Can't remember a more depressing time to follow them, even under Billy McNeill.

I manage to avoid any such problems by being a cricket fan! :lol:

Roy.

Digit":1vshht7n said:
I manage to avoid any such problems by being a cricket fan! :lol:

Roy.

So you will be pleased about the news on Dickie Bird then Roy?
Pukka bloke is Dickie. Would've been nicer still if it had been Sir Dickie. Reckon he's done enough! :D

thick_mike":qwrcs3gb said:
Been going down the villa since I was 4 (on the old witton end, just in front of the bovril kiosk). That was in the old third division. Dad's been going down since just after WWII. Can't remember a more depressing time to follow them, even under Billy McNeill.
It was just terracing when your Dad went down Mike. If you wanted Bovril you took it in a flask! You were allowed to in those days.
Any way to get back on topic,
When I can't sleep I just repeat to myself,

'The... the... the... th.. t...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! And it's breakfast time!

:D

Digit":2z9ab1zy said:
So you will be pleased about the news on Dickie Bird then Roy?

Yep! He enlivened umpiring that's for sure.

Roy.

I'm not a massive cricket fanatic Roy, but I can enjoy a game. One thing I did like was being paid to spend a day in the sunshine, on duty at Edgbaston, at Test Time. And there's just something magical about lazy, Summer days at an inter-Village match; followed by crumpets and cream-cakes for tea! :D :wink:

Digit":525iwp6c said:
Yes John, the epitome of Englishness is it not.

Roy.

It is to me Roy. The last time I played, I was last man in. I waited all afternoon of course, went in, hit a soaring six...

And got caught on the boundary! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I swear the guy was out of bounds, but... Ah well... Memories! :D

Somebody once suggested along the lines that if you don't understand cricket you don't understand the English John.

Roy.

I didn't say I don't understand the game Roy; although, I am a bit rusty on some of the Laws of the Game.
And does anybody fully understand the English? Even ourselfves at times. :mrgreen:

Take care m'man.
:D

Back