Inra ruler

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

anyone tried those Incra rules yet? The ones with holes in for your0.5mm propelling pencil

there excellant :lol:
but i keep breaking the tip of the pencil otherwise a good investment. I buy the bic replacement pencils they work just as good as long as you remember to buy a 0.5 tip
I use the one with the straight edge more than the bent rule but there all good

Ian

Tony

I love mine but like Ian I get through a lot of propelling pencil leads, there's a bit of a knack to it.

Think carefully about which one you get. I have the 12" imperial and metric version. It is very much biased toward the imperial with two inch scales with loads of incraments and the metric a bit of an afterthought. They are also very flexible and for a lot of jobs I find the 12" rather too long and floppy. (oo-er missus)

Regards

Roy

Thanks guys

I got the 300mm metric one and it is looking pretty good so far :wink:

Roy":oyw978c5 said:
They are also very flexible and for a lot of jobs I find the 12" rather too long and floppy

Thats my biggest gripe with it. I also find that it goes out of square regularly. Also how do you guys get on with the end scale ie the 0-40mm one. I find it very difficult to hold steady. Am I doing something daft?

On the whole though I think its a great bit of kit and really useful for setting out and making up drawer slides etc

T

Back