Innovative tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodchips2

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I constructed a full height cupboard in a bedroom and had to tie in plaster coving to match the existing. Cutting into the existing coving at an angle was simple with my Aldi oscillating multitool which I think cost me about £30 some five years ago. I guess this is the most innovative tool I've bought that has saved me most time doing jobs like sanding, scraping, cutting holes in plasterboard for electrical power points, trimming the bottom of door linings for laminate flooring etc.

Another innovative tool that has served me well is an impact driver especially as I've got older and wouldn't be able to drive lots and lots of screws by hand.

A third one is a digital camera. If I have to dismantle something for repair a camera is invaluable to click away as you dismantle so you have a clue where everything should go back!

What innovative tools have made a big difference to your projects?

Regards Keith

+1 for the multitool.
Track saw is also brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not sure it qualifies as a tool per se, but I got a Glubot recently, and wished I'd had it years ago. Full bottles of Titebond are fine, but as they get emptier, you either store them the right way up, and wait ages for the glue to arrive when you need it, or store them upside down and have to close the top after each use.

And I mostly use glue for ..... dominos. The Domino machine makes joints spectacularly easy, especially for incompetents such as myself.

A sliding stop on a ruler. Great wee things in that you can swap them from short to long rules and take them off (being mindful of where you put them!) when you just want a rule.

Back