Information please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Established Member
Reaction score
Some time in the near future I'm going to have to assemble the following and I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to tell me the sort of time I will have to expect to take doing this. Also if anyone had any hickups assembling them that I could avoid or any advice on going about it.
A 10" SIP planer /thicknesser
A 14" SIP bandsaw (both of which are sitting in the front room at the moment waiting for the workshop roof going on).
and last and definitely not least
an Xcalibur 804 (when it gets delivered at the end of May).
It sounds petty I know but once I start something like this I really want to get to use the thing as fast as possible.

Ta

Drew

3 days in total.

But allow extra for interuptions caused by the misses wanting the garden seen to this time of the year. :oops:

By the way which lottery prize did you win?

Just make sure that the thicknesser bed is clean and smooth. I didnt on my FOX machine and on the second trial piece the stock got stuck and busted the drive belt. Now use a wax candle every so often to ensure the bed has a slippery surface. Works a treat.

Thanks for replying. I had absolutely no idea of the timescale of these things.

devonwoody - what you have here is one of the reasons my workshop is so long in getting built. Everytime I saved up for it along would come a bargain I just couldn't pass up :lol:

koolwabbit - thanks for the tip, when I finally get in to the workshop I'll make sure of that.

Drew

Back