Information needed from Brum or West Mids members.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

For servicing of my routers, drills, circular saws etc. I used to go to a reliable firm that was situated on the corner of Long Acre/Crompton Road. (To the best of my recall!) I can't recall the name of the firm, and the number I had, is not in service any more. There is a 'fastenings' firm on the site now, according to Google-Earth.

So does anyone know of the firm I refer to, and whether or not they are still in business? If they are operating of course, where did they re-locate?

I could have the location wrong, and the firm could well be in the same place it always was! So I am hoping for a stroke of luck here!
Thanks in anticipation.
:D

I think the one you mention John was the old Black and Decker service centre. Not too sure if they are still going though. If not there is a Bosch service centre i have discovered in Newtown at Price Tools .

The center you mention on long acre has long gone mate you could try Price Tools or there is Alan Lords in Bordesly trading estate on the Bordesely Green road.

Thanks gents.

Yes, the firm was the Black and Decker Service agent. I used them when they were in old premises just off Cuckoo Bridge, so it's going back some.

Can't find any trace of them so they must have ceased trading. I know of Price tools, so I'll try there thanks Steve.

I can add all these addresses to my 'little list', but Price tools will be first call. I have decided to buy a new belt sander instead of having my Bosch one repaired. It's a bit ancient anyhow, and I never was entirely happy with it, so I'll invest a bit more. First job clean up my workbench top and see if I can struggle on with it a bit longer, while I get on with more important stuff! Like mobilising my planer! :wink:

Thanks again chaps. I really am obliged for your replies.

Take care

:)

Back