Infill planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone point me to any info on building Norris style planes. I know you can buy the kits from various places but I would prefer to build from scratch. The outline sizes for sides, sole, mouth position etc. or any info on book titles with info/shapes or sizes would be a great help.

Thanks

Philip

The other place to look is Jim Kingshott's book "Making & Modifying Woodworking Tools" which has plans and build details on infill panel planes, thumb plane, smoother, etc. as well as other stuff like shooting board, screwdrivers and so on. As it was published in the UK your local library should be able to assist

Scrit

Bugbear, thanks for the link, it has a lot of good info for getting started.

Scrit, thanks for the pointer to the book, I ordered one last night as it is probably a book that I will use again and again.

Once again thanks for taking the time to post.

Philip

Hi All,

I bought it time ago on Amazon for £17.95 . I don't know if it's worth price.
Actually I didn't have the time for a reading.

Bugbear, I pasted Scrit's title into Amazon's book search and it returned 4 or 5 sellers listing it for about 10 quid . Hope i've got the right book!!

Philip

Bugbear

Didn't know that the book had become so expensive :cry: , but then I've had mine for a few years. If in doubt about a book I tend to borrow a copy from the local library - even if they don't have it either another library service or the British Library will (providing it was published in the UK) and can loan it at a price :D (apparently the price of this varies from library to library :( ). Still a good book, though.

Scrit

Back