Infill component planes...designed & manufactured by Hol

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: 8-[ ( mutters to self, I must not look I must not look)
Dam its not working 8) :tongue9:

Wow. They look awesome. All i can say if you like, you can afford it and it makes you happy buy it. I've wasted £1000s on rubbish things like cars which lose 30% of there value when i sat in them the first time. Hobbies don't make sense that is why they are fun. If i can afford one in years time on my birthday i'm all for it.

Hello,
Corset takes the words out of my mouth.
I was seriously thinking of buying a Shepherd kid. If the price doesn't exceed the calculated figures too far, the A13 would attract me much more than any of the Shepherds.

houtslager":127azwdq said:
hmmmmmmmm if the qualiy control is up to Karl's normal standards then ? I believe the two of you will be very busy once you launch these models. I for one have LUSTED after K's 95.
So please tell me you are also thinking of adding this model to the kits please please

from HS in a hot and sweat inducing workshop in Germany :?

Alf,
you dont want to be taking hammers to it....theres trickery to everything :roll: :lol:

Ian

Ian Dalziel":94o5xe39 said:
Alf,
you dont want to be taking hammers to it....theres trickery to everything :roll: :lol:
Yuri Geller mind bending the dovetails together? He's gonna work out expensive to hire isn't he...? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf,
you dont want to be taking hammers to it....theres trickery to everything Rolling Eyes Laughing

Darn it - now I'm getting seriously interested - it was the thought of that foreign land called 'metalworking' that had me scared off after reading DC's review... We shall see - must resist... self-control weakening...

Alf
Ian has probably knocked up a multi faceted , diamond/ruby/plutonium laser peiner over the weekend to save using a hammer. :p :p
Martin
(Also getting slight salivary tinglings, which is never a good sign....)

Alf":27uxrzyc said:
He's gonna work out expensive to hire isn't he...? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

probobly :roll:

The accurecy of the dovetails will be to less than a thou therfor you wont need to bash it with a big mash hammer to get it to fit. punches are better and more accurate.

Martin can i assume its tickling your fancy and you might have a go.....

Ian

I have a premonition. We will see Holtey plane kits purchased by some, who then contract well-known cabinetmakers to build them. This developes a new market:

Karl Holtey, styled by Garret Hack
Karl Holtey, styled by David Charlesworth
Karl Holtey, styled by James Krenov (can you imagine what he would make?!)
Karl Holtey, styled by .................

Probably would cost less than a Karl Holtey, styled by Karl Holtey. :lol:

Regards from Perth

Derek

Are you sure a metalworking novice would be able to put one of these kits together? I'd be happy to volunteer :roll: and I would not charge you for what I see as essential market research :wink:

Andy

Ian Dalziel":av952iyz said:
The accuracy of the dovetails will be to less than a thou therfor you wont need to bash it with a big mash hammer to get it to fit. punches are better and more accurate.

Ian

Can you give more details on the punches you use? After reading about using punches for infill building, I tried to use a punch on my Shepherd thumb plane kit. I ended up with deep dimples that are going to take significant sanding/filing to remove. I suspect that either I don't have the right shaped punch (it has a somewhat pointy nose) or I was overly aggresive with it.

Wendell

Good Bit of news,

It is now going to happen......Karl has put up a new page on his website via the projects heading.

I would be grateful if people from here who are interested sign up for his updates.

Thanks to all who gave honest opinions and answers and we hope to make it work.

regards

Ian

goodness Mike you were quick

The very best of luck with your venture, Ian. I'll probably never be able to afford one but it will give me something nice to dream about :)

Paul

Hi Wendell,
sorry i missed your post earlier....its been a busy day.
It sounds like your hammer is maybe to big and you are hitting too hard.
a very small hammer and 2 or 3 nice round tip punches dont inflict damage to surrounding areas and doesnt buckle the plane. Punches also make your aim accurate but most of all dont rush...

Ian

Back