Indoor Waterfalls - Advice Needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chronosoft

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

following up on my posting about formica laminates, my business partner has now suggested we feature an indoor waterfall. I have never seen one in the flesh let alone built one.

Has anyone had any experience regarding pumps etc. Whats the best glass to use (its going to be in a commercial premises) or should I look at polycarbonates?

Help?

Cheers chaps

David

Basically all you need is a container for the sump, a pump (fish-tank pump and power supply) depending on the size of the feature and for inspiration google 'indoor water feature' click on images and let your imagination run free.
Indoors it needs to be fairly quiet so that the water doesn't splash everywhere so for waterfall read cascade.
Stainless steel and glass with maybe some lighting, with the water running down the glass indoors is very eye-catching. Depends on the style of the building also, modern? old? the feature should match the style of the furnishings.

Although it is not indoors, I built this one for a chap in Grimsby
Waterfall 1.JPG

Andy

Attachments

• Waterfall 1.JPG
    Waterfall 1.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 174
That's really nice Andy. We're obviously in similar fields for our day jobs though mine as a Landscape Architect is slightly bigger in scale of project.

Andy,

Thanks for the response. It is for a modern wellbeing centre so thats fantastic and will chase up your recommendations.

Kind regards

David

Back