Increasing fire resistance (floor timbers)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srs

Established Member
Reaction score
My parents currently own a town house that they rent to students but with the changes in regulations they have got to do various up-grades so I will be fitting fire doors etc however looking through the paperwork they are talking about the floors need to be fire resistant for 30 minutes and that further information is available in the Building Research est digest 208. So before they go out and spend £12 on this fine if weighty tome doses anyone have any layman’s information on this or a website that gives a brief outline so that they can see if it is financially viable.

Cheers

Simon Stimson

yep not only do your parents have that problem to solve, there could also be a sound problem
I recently "upgraded"one of my parents properties, and the local council inspecter jumped up and down wanting to lift the entire floor to check it out, for fire AND sound !!!!
This was going to cost thousands to do, so GET the book or have a chat to the local BCO, that will save further headaches and sphincter problems with ones' wallet.

You would expect that plaster board ceilings would do this try google :plaster board fire resistance.

Back