Incra

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
This is for all the Incra lovers out there and I know theres a few. :) :) :)

Can anyone tell me the table size that is ideally required to fit the Incra Lite i.e., from the router bit to the back of the table (stampede as everyone rushes to workshop with measuring tap) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am thinking about the Jessem Phenolic table top (I know you'll all say make your own) with the Jessem Rout-A-Lift. The table top is 32" x 24" the hole for the insert looks pretty well in the middle.

For those with the Rout-A-lift, the pictures I've seen show that the router hole is set to the back of the plate when inserted into the table top, meaning that it doesn't look at first glance that there would be enough room to install the Incra Lite. Hopefully someone out there can prove me wrong. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Please don't take too long, I'm in ordering mode :D :D :D

My Incra Ultra 24 was 35" front to back (I cut this down by 8" as it was too big) and 28" wide

My new router table top is 35" front to back and 36" wide

Waka,

Suggested dimensions in the manual for the Ultra-Lite are 32" (depth) x 24" (length). I made my table longer as I added a longer fence for jointing, so IIRC it came out roughly 32x32" square.

The manual is here if you want to check it before purchasing.

Shame you missed the Rutlands sale - the Ultra-Lite was £125 I think :cry:

Cheers,

Neil

Tony":37r4c7xb said:
My new router table top is 35" front to back and 36" wide

Niel Wrote
Suggested dimensions in the manual for the Ultra-Lite are 32" (depth) x 24" (length). I made my table longer as I added a longer fence for jointing, so IIRC it came out roughly 32x32" square.

Tony/Neil

Both good sized router tables, excuse, can you tell me what the distance is between the router bit and the back of the table. I now know by looking at the instructions that there will be some lee way because the Incra is clamped to the table, so I assume that this could be positioned further back as long as it is sucurly fixed to the table.

I guess where I'm coming from it would be easier to buy a jessem table Top rather than spend the time making one, but if this will not suffuce then I will make one.

Thanks for the quick response.

Hi Waka,

Mine is 20" from the centre of the bit to the back edge of the table top - I think this is the recommended distance in the manual.

I'm sure you could add a bit to the back of the Jessem top, or if it is sufficiently long, spin it through 90 degrees if you see what I mean

Cheers,

Neil

Neil

thanks for the info, I've asked Rutlands if they can give me the same measurements for the Jessem. As you say i may be able to extend the back of the table or turning it sideweays is certainly an option.

Looks like I'll have to have my ordering day tomorrow, nearly time to finish work here.

Waka,

My Incra is mounted on a cantilevered extension to my (home built) router table. The extension is bolted to the router table structure and can be removed if need be, although I have hardly ever done this.

However, such an arrangement frees you from any particular size constraints on the top - other than the size and shape of working surface you want.

Back