Incra versus Osbourne

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
This could be like Rat versus Leigh.

I have been reading up on both and am in a quandary of which one to go for, should I choose the Incra it would be the 3000SE.

What does the panel think Incra or Osbourne?

Waka,

I think you are going to get lots of onesided views. :x

I think the Osbourne is a wonderful bit off kit, but then I would I have one. :lol:

I have enough folding stuff to think about getting an Incra to see if its better or not. [-(

DaveL":ze7tv4sd said:
I think the Osbourne is a wonderful bit off kit, but then I would I have one.

(

Me too. Nice bit of kit. Bit disappointed that the particles of abrasive strip scratched my cast iron top though.

Jeff

the ossy once set up its a doddle to set any angle . jeff did you fix the strip flush with the bottom of the bar i have set mine about an 1/4 " up and it seems ok, but have not realy used it that much.

frank":3k8z3btk said:
the ossy once set up its a doddle to set any angle . jeff did you fix the strip flush with the bottom of the bar i have set mine about an 1/4 " up and it seems ok, but have not realy used it that much.

I did. I left a couple of mm at the bottom so that it didn't rub against the bed. It was just small individual particles getting dislodged through normal use and then getting trapped under the guage unnoticed as I pushed it through. :cry:

I have removed the abrasive strip but am looking for an alternative as it is certainly better with it than without it.

Still a very good bit of kit though.

Jeff

jeff what about some 120 grit i used it on my cross cutting sled :D (i dont think i need it now ) :wink: :wink:

frank":115yg5d2 said:
jeff what about some 120 grit i used it on my cross cutting sled :D (i dont think i need it now ) :wink: :wink:

That's the sort of thing I want but preferably self adhesive and I'm worried ordinary sandpaper may get ripped. The supplied abrasive strip was perfect. Probably too much grit IMO. Could have done the same job with a medium grit.

Jeff

Waka,
I had the mk1 and mk2 osbornes and they werent adjustable if it ran out which they both soon did....i then bought the incra 1000 which was a marked improvement on both the early versions of the osborne but i now have the mk3 osborne which is adjustable and its the only mitre fence i reach for now.

another vote here for the osborne......but the incra stuff is great i dont think you would be really disappointed with either.

Ian

jeff i use the spray on tacky glue its a very usefull thing to have in the shop it comes in for all sorts of jobs ,dont spray it on your fingers :shock: :roll:

Back