Incra Ultra Lite

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philly,

I have the Incra Ultra and it is extremely useful and very sturdy.

With the ability to set positions to one thousandth of an inch and do this repeatably (ie return to the same position after some intermediate work) it is a godsend for all sorts of things. I now make most of my tenons on the router table and it is brilliant for slliding dovetails like these full extension drawer slides I made for a side table.

Clipboard06.jpg

Chris,
Magic stuff, that's all I needed to know! :D
Doesn't take a lot to convince me when my mind is made up :lol:
Thanks for your advice (and nice sliding dovetails!)
cheers,
Philly :D

Philly,

Just to point out that you need to choose an extra fence (I have the Wonderfence) if you want to use the system with large bits. The supplied fence is primarily intended for their jointmaking system (dovetails and boxjoints etc.).

The Wonderfence is a split fence which is useful when using a bit that takes a full depth cut on your wood, because then you can adjust the infeed and outfeed fences separately to allow for the changed flush condition past the router cutter (think planer turned through 90 degrees)

Chris

Any chance you could provide more details of those lovely sliding dovetails with full extension?

Thanks

Tony

Hi Waka,
Tilgear have it for £120 plus vat. Rutlands have it, but it's more expensive and I've heard bad vibes over Rutlands.
And yes, I ordered it yesterday.......... :shock: (credit card=new toys)

Will let you know how I get on.
Cheers,
Philly

Tony,

I copied a system I found in the Toolbox Book by Jim Tolpin
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...21045/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_9_2/026-8320567-8726801

It requires a wide dovetailed keyway in the drawer side, an intermediate piece that is dovetailed on one side with a tail to fit the aforementioned keyway and on the other side with another keyway that fits a tail fixed to the table. To prevent the the assembly siding right out, there are slots cut in the intermediate piece that engage with two brass pins that are fixed - one to the drawer and one to the table.

To get this lot to slide freely without slop, requires some very precise dovetailing and whilst I am sure one could do it without the Incra, it was a heck of a lot easier with it. The width of the drawer openings and the drawer also have to be measured and cut carefully because side to side fit is also very important.

There are a couple more pictures here that may help to understand it

http://chrisknight.info/woodwork/sidetable/sidetable2.htm and another here

http://www.woodgen.com/images_for_linking/Side-Table-01.jpg

Hi All,
Just an update on the Ultra- I ordered it from Tilgear last Wednesday. The nice man said it was it in stock (as well as some other goodies I ordered).
It's now one week later-still no jig :?
Nice man on the phone says "sorry, we are out of stock on these. We are having a delivery shortly, but don't know exactly when".
Is it me? :cry:
I seem to get great service first time followed by vague service the next. It's difficult to recommend any company for continued top service, isn't it. See the recent threads on Axminster for evidence.
( I bet Newbie Neil could tell me a few on that topic! :D )
Will let you know when (if) it turns up.
with baited breath,
Philly :roll:

Philly":1wn1dv11 said:
Is it me? :cry:
Hah! What makes you think you're so special? :wink:

Actually got me a bit worried there; I posted off my first order to Tilgear over the weekend full of confidence... :roll: But what about the crunch point? Have they charged your card yet? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Whoo Hoo :shock:
Just had a phone call from the wife-a package from Tilgear has arrived!
Wonder what that could be?
At last,

Hi All
Yup, the Incra Jig has finally arrived. :D
Put it together last night, no big deal. A lovely looking thing it is too!
Will post some pictures and an update tomorrow.
(Been building a new router table as well.....................thanks Norm)
Cheers,

Latest posts

Back