INCRA Tiny T-Rule and Bend Rule Pass Around

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Sefton

Wood Workers Workshop
UKW Supporter
UKW Sponsor
Reaction score
Threshing Barn, Upton-upon-Severn, Worcs WR8 0SN
This month we are giving you the opportunity to try an INCRA Tiny T-Rule 75mm (Metric) and INCRA Precision Bend Rule 150mm (Metric) via a pass around. A pass around is a cost-effective way for you to try out a new tool in the comfort of your own workshop and then share your experience of it with other members.

INCRA's precision rules offer unparalleled accuracy, having patented marking holes to mark in rather than just etched graduations, these rules allow you to mark out precisely with no risk of error.

Just select the slot or hole, insert a 0.5mm mechanical pencil, and mark the measurement with complete accuracy - unmatched in the industry of Marking Rules!

One of the fundamental errors woodworkers make when measuring out is marking a line then marking the next measurement line from the first; compound errors soon build up - these Rules leave those kind of mistakes as a thing of the past.

Now available at reduced prices:
INCRA Tiny T-Rule 75mm (Metric) - £13.95
INCRA Precision Bend Rule 150mm (Metric) - £18.95

If you are wondering what to get the woodworker in your life this Christmas, or want to buy something for someone who loves tools (even if that’s yourself) Peter Parfitt from @New Brit Workshop has some great ideas. Watch Now!

How a pass around works:
  • We will post the product to the first person on the list via tracked and signed for delivery
  • If you would like to test the t-rule, please copy and paste the list of participants into a new message and add your username at the bottom
  • Send a private message to the person before you on the list with your full name, postal address, email address and phone number (most couriers require an email address and phone number for booking purposes)
  • The person before you on the list will send you the product via tracked and signed for delivery
  • Try the product for 2-3 days
  • Post a message to say you have finished using the product and will be sending it on
  • Send the product to the person next on the list via tracked and signed for delivery (UK mainland only)
  • Post your review along with any photos onto the forum
  • The last person on the list will send the product back to Wood Workers Workshop via tracked and signed for delivery

To qualify you need to have been a forum member since the 1st August 2020, have posted at least 50 posts and live in the UK mainland.

INC_TTRUL75M-1_1800x1800.jpgINC_TTRUL75M-2_1800x1800.jpgINC_BRUL300M-DETAILjpg_4ac2a0e1-6c4f-425a-a58f-908b159c6077_1800x1800.jpgINC_BURL150M_1800x1800.jpg

Last edited:
I won`t partake in the pass around but I might just buy one anyway.
I have the longer version already and it is very useful. The Incra rules are just excellent, I have the corner one as well which is very handy.

Ollie

Hi Peter

Thanks for sorting the. P.A swiftly!

I'd like to be the first to try it please.
"Conversation" on the way.

Best regards
Bharath

Like others I have the 150mm too. It is brilliant. I wan't aware that these mini versions were out - so I'll be ordering one of these too. They are absolutely perfect if you have a domino for marking out each corresponding piece.

Great offer of a passaround too Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for sorting the. P.A swiftly!

I'd like to be the first to try it please.
"Conversation" on the way.

Best regards
Bharath

No problem Bharath and we have added a 150mm Bend Rule into the same parcel to give anybody interested something else to try.

Cheers Peter

Hi
They are absolutely perfect if you have a domino for marking out each corresponding piece.
Could you expand on this a little please, I am still looking into jointing methods and tools. Also you may know why in so many videos with dominos people scribble a wiggly line on the dominos. Thanks

Hi Roy,
Some of the furniture I'm making at the minute I like to put 2 dominos into a piece approx 65mm wide. So I calculate the middle point of the domino position to say the nearest 0.5mm and then use the incra rule to mark the exact line for the domino to line up against - a bit like this.

1607105510028.png

Referencing off the RHS of that piece with the incra rule and marking 16.5 and 43.5mm gives me accurate and repeatable approach to marking out - it is a breeze. I am building a ton of (for me) office furniture using this approach, so having the 75mm incra rule to hand will be great.

You can also see Peter Parfitt using one here with dominos to at 12 minutes in for a different joint than above - thats where I got the idea from in the first place - credit to Peter P.

Last Christmas the grand children clubbed together to buy me the set of 3 of these.
Without doubt this small one is the one I use the most and would recommend it to anybody.

There are three layout tools I use that are absolutely transformational, Peter Sefton sells them all.

Layout-Tools-PSefton.jpg

First are the Incra Rules and Protractors. They deliver the ability to work to 0.25mm (or fractions of a degree) with guaranteed repeatability.

Second are the Igaging digital marking gauge/callipers. Like many furniture makers I have dozens of marking gauges, because once I start a project I won't re-set a gauge until the project is finished, that's because it's virtually impossible to ever re-set a guage with the precision I want. But these mean I can now re-set a marking gauge as many times as necessary to 0.1mm.

Third are the Woodpeckers story sticks. Like all cabinet makers I was trained to use story sticks, and they're invaluable. But the transfer of measurements via tick marks is still an opportunity for errors to creep in. The Woodpeckers version is more precise and more reliable.

Peter's huge experience of practical furniture making really shines through in the carefully curated range of products that he sells. Instead of the usual gimmicky tat he's constantly finding tools that genuinely make your workshop time more productive and accurate.

I've no connection with his store, I'm just a satisfied customer!

It took me about 5 seconds to cave in and buy the bend rule. Been on a bit of a measuring device spree today and think I'm properly satisfied that I can consign my current kit to the tool graveyard.

Whilst we are on this subject any recommendations for 0.5mm leads and decent holders? I find the ones I currently use just don't last five seconds, ould be I need to be less heavy handed!

Is Peter giving any discount to forum members who have been a member since the 1st August 2020 and posted at least 50 posts whilst living in the UK mainland?
No, that’s to join in on the pass around.
They are also on his site at a small discount.

Been looking at these Incra rules, but in doing so have found what I suspect are cheap copies, Ultra Precision Marking Ruler ORIGINAL | eBay , we know that buying Incra means quality wheras these could be a gamble. Anyone add further info?
I have one from Banggood, and one from Incra. I prefer the Incra one, I find the cheap one is constantly out, but that doesn’t make sense from the design, so I suspect it is not set up correctly.

Back