INCRA Tiny T-Rule and Bend Rule Pass Around

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Peter Sefton

Wood Workers Workshop
Reaction score
Threshing Barn, Upton-upon-Severn, Worcs WR8 0SN
The Incra Rules use a proprietary process to insure that all marking holes and slots are exactly dimensioned to accommodate a 0.5mm pencil. Not too big, and crucially, not too small. They also have a proprietary matt finish on all of their rules to ensure a non-glare view of measurements in all light conditions and all light angles

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
The Incra Rules use a proprietary process to insure that all marking holes and slots are exactly dimensioned to accommodate a 0.5mm pencil. Not too big, and crucially, not too small. They also have a proprietary matt finish on all of their rules to ensure a non-glare view of measurements in all light conditions and all light angles
A design done right!

Peter Sefton

Wood Workers Workshop
Reaction score
Threshing Barn, Upton-upon-Severn, Worcs WR8 0SN
Whilst we are on this subject any recommendations for 0.5mm leads and decent holders? I find the ones I currently use just don't last five seconds, ould be I need to be less heavy handed!

I use these, but I am sure there are even better ones available.

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score

MikeJhn

Grunkel
Reaction score
The other go to manufacturer is Rotring, most problems are caused by not using good leads, I find it's best to always use the leads made by a reputable manufacturer, my drawing office boss used to say I engraved and not drew, that brings back some memories it was in 1963 if I remember correctly.

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
The other go to manufacturer is Rotring, most problems are caused by not using good leads, I find it's best to always use the leads made by a reputable manufacturer, my drawing office boss used to say I engraved and not drew, that brings back some memories it was in 1963 if I remember correctly.
Correct, cheap leads are horrible.
For my initial rough sketches at work before I jump onto CAD, I use my pencil with a 2B lead. I used the 2B for the first time in uni and since then I couldn't use HB as it isn't as dark or smooth as the 2B.

Alpha-Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
While down the ‘mechanical pencils’ rabbit hole: A couple of years ago I tried a Kuru Toga 0.5 mm with the rotating lead, so that you have a consistent line width, and it is excellent for keeping consistent line widths when sketching. They are not cheap (£10-£20 for plasic or metal bodies) but not too expensive if used regularly, I keep one in my project sketch book.

billw

The Tattooed One
Reaction score
While down the ‘mechanical pencils’ rabbit hole: A couple of years ago I tried a Kuru Toga 0.5 mm with the rotating lead, so that you have a consistent line width, and it is excellent for keeping consistent line widths when sketching. They are not cheap (£10-£20 for plasic or metal bodies) but not too expensive if used regularly, I keep one in my project sketch book.

That's really clever, I wish Amazon didn't have that bloody Buy It Now button though since I just bought a pencil.

MikeJhn

Grunkel
Reaction score
What I forgot to say is I used 6H to outline then inked in with my Graphos.