INCRA Tiny T-Rule and Bend Rule Pass Around

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Incra Rules use a proprietary process to insure that all marking holes and slots are exactly dimensioned to accommodate a 0.5mm pencil. Not too big, and crucially, not too small. They also have a proprietary matt finish on all of their rules to ensure a non-glare view of measurements in all light conditions and all light angles

The Incra Rules use a proprietary process to insure that all marking holes and slots are exactly dimensioned to accommodate a 0.5mm pencil. Not too big, and crucially, not too small. They also have a proprietary matt finish on all of their rules to ensure a non-glare view of measurements in all light conditions and all light angles
A design done right!

The other go to manufacturer is Rotring, most problems are caused by not using good leads, I find it's best to always use the leads made by a reputable manufacturer, my drawing office boss used to say I engraved and not drew, that brings back some memories it was in 1963 if I remember correctly.

The other go to manufacturer is Rotring, most problems are caused by not using good leads, I find it's best to always use the leads made by a reputable manufacturer, my drawing office boss used to say I engraved and not drew, that brings back some memories it was in 1963 if I remember correctly.
Correct, cheap leads are horrible.
For my initial rough sketches at work before I jump onto CAD, I use my pencil with a 2B lead. I used the 2B for the first time in uni and since then I couldn't use HB as it isn't as dark or smooth as the 2B.

While down the ‘mechanical pencils’ rabbit hole: A couple of years ago I tried a Kuru Toga 0.5 mm with the rotating lead, so that you have a consistent line width, and it is excellent for keeping consistent line widths when sketching. They are not cheap (£10-£20 for plasic or metal bodies) but not too expensive if used regularly, I keep one in my project sketch book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mechanical-Pencil-Grade-Model-M510121P-24/dp/B0020BKPMK/

While down the ‘mechanical pencils’ rabbit hole: A couple of years ago I tried a Kuru Toga 0.5 mm with the rotating lead, so that you have a consistent line width, and it is excellent for keeping consistent line widths when sketching. They are not cheap (£10-£20 for plasic or metal bodies) but not too expensive if used regularly, I keep one in my project sketch book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mechanical-Pencil-Grade-Model-M510121P-24/dp/B0020BKPMK/
That's really clever, I wish Amazon didn't have that bloody Buy It Now button though since I just bought a pencil.

What I forgot to say is I used 6H to outline then inked in with my Graphos.

Back