Incra table saw fence compatibility

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you know Peter, I have a K3 like yours but with an Incra positioner on it. I ran it for a few years and initially I loved it, however the dead-space requirement was always an issue and I heavily modified it in a more sensible approach (well I think so anyhow).

In regards to using Incra with Euro saws, I suspect like the Hammer you need the XL version or the standard and the upgrade.

I found the original slides cumbersome and needed adjusting more than they should need and the space is an issue. That said it is well made, well engineered and worth the money.

Peter Sefton":39e1vkdo said:
Thanks for your feedback shed9, it's good to here that it does fit your K3 even if you modified it to make the best use of the positioner for your requirements.

Cheers Peter

Can I ask why the query? As a dealer, surely you have access to this info already?

I had one on my SIP 10 Inch Professional Table Saw, and was able to fit the router table to the end.

The Incra system it was a vast improvement over the standard SIP fence, and made repeatable cuts a and routing pleasure. It was dead easy to fit, although it did take up quite a lot of space.

Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick but I have the Incra TS-LS attached to my Axminster TS250 saw. I did however mount the saw in a home made wooden saw bench - I cant give a photo because I'm in the process of moving house and as such all is in storage but here is a screenshot of my original sketchup plan - which I didnt exactly follow to the letter but it is close enough - and of course I added doors and drawers etc. To the left of the saw bed is a kreg router plate and Triton TRA001 router - giving me a grand total now of 4 router tables LOL

tablesawdesign.jpg

Attachments

• tablesawdesign.jpg
    tablesawdesign.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 542
I understand your question shed9, we do have a lot of good information on the Incra TS-LS products - what we don’t have is reliable information on woodworkers own Table Saws (ideally from people who have successfully fitted TS-LS to their own machines). So knowing it fits your Hammer K3 is excellent news.

Whilst there is a compatibility chart for the TS-LS system published by INCRA which lists a large number of Table Saws, it is almost exclusively made up of models that we do not commonly have available to us here in the UK or Europe.

Our saws may have deeper tables (though that can usually be accommodated by selecting the XL version of the INCRA product) but there remains the question of whether the front and rear edges of the table are suitable for the attachment of rail brackets. Trying to find out this information is tricky unless you have the saw bench yourself.

The key points for fitting the system are the user would need to have access to mounting points that are solid, parallel and at 90 degrees to the table top. There would also need to be free access to the underside of the table in order to accommodate the washers and nuts that affix the brackets. The location hole positions and diameter are not an issue because INCRA's universal rail mounting brackets will work with any hole pattern and a wide variety of hole sizes.

The standard TS-LS fits tables up to 28” and the XL fits saw benches fit up to 33 ½”. A secondary consideration is the size of the Mitre Slot - if users wish to use Incra sleds and Mitre gauges, which fit the American standard (3/4” x 3/8”).

What I would like to do is compile a list of UK and European machines on the website that we know the system has already been fitted to (although we do supply the dimensions and fitting instructions to customers, we can’t be sure the products will fit which is a little disconcerting).

Any help from users is very welcome, cheers Peter.

morturn":1aogzqho said:
I had one on my SIP 10 Inch Professional Table Saw, and was able to fit the router table to the end.

The Incra system it was a vast improvement over the standard SIP fence, and made repeatable cuts a and routing pleasure. It was dead easy to fit, although it did take up quite a lot of space.

Thanks morturn, do you know if your saw was the 01918 or another model?

Cheers Peter

glynster":qirxl1v3 said:
Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick but I have the Incra TS-LS attached to my Axminster TS250 saw. I did however mount the saw in a home made wooden saw bench - I cant give a photo because I'm in the process of moving house and as such all is in storage but here is a screenshot of my original sketchup plan - which I didnt exactly follow to the letter but it is close enough - and of course I added doors and drawers etc. To the left of the saw bed is a kreg router plate and Triton TRA001 router - giving me a grand total now of 4 router tables LOL

Looks like a good set up glynster, did you bolt the TS-LS rails to the TS250 or mount them a different way?

I hope the house move all goes well!

Cheers Peter

Evening Peter
I have an Incra TS-LS XL fitted to my Axminster AW10BSB2, with a router table fit to the left side with an Incra router lift. Fitting and setup was very easy. As has been said by others it does take up a lot of space but it is managable in a 20x11 garage/workshop.
Marty

@glynster I like the idea of the side rails on which the positioner sits, is this for rough setting and the positioner is for the fine setting ?

I have mentioned it before, I am sure there must be a maket for a shorter version of the positioner where people use bench dogs or side rails to give large incremental adjustment and then want to use the positioner for just fine / precise final adjustment.

Perhaps there is a AUK version of the Incra on the horizon !

Back