Incra router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the LS Positioner fence and Mast R router lift and made my own table to suit my need. The LS positioner is excellent as is the router lift. Whether it is worth the money depends what you are doing and how much you use it.

Not the combo but I bought the positioner some years ago and still love it. Not cheap, but it improved my routing ability immensely and give me the confidence to try more advanced stuff. The £279 price differential between combo and positioner alone would buy enough material to build a better bench, imo.

I didn't buy the Combo #3 as a package, but eventually pieced together the components to make my version of the Combo #3 "The Works". I started in one direction with my router table, using the Triton Workcentre, then to the Triton router mounted to an Incra plate, and finally with the AUKTools V3 router motor in the Incra Mast-R-Lift II. I keep my router table in another room with the bandsaw when not being used, so it has to be mobile and fit through the shop door.

Rather than duplicate the build thread, here is a link to my router table build on the Festool Owner's Group:

https://www.festoolownersgroup.com/member-projects/router-table-63522/

I didn't buy the Combo #3 as a package, but eventually pieced together the components to make my version of the Combo #3 "The Works". I started in one direction with my router table, using the Triton Workcentre, then to the Triton router mounted to an Incra plate, and finally with the AUKTools V3 router motor in the Incra Mast-R-Lift II. I keep my router table in another room with the bandsaw when not being used, so it has to be mobile and fit through the shop door.

Rather than duplicate the build thread, here is a link to my router table build on the Festool Owner's Group:

https://www.festoolownersgroup.com/member-projects/router-table-63522/

Thanks everyone for all the information

Hi Mike

That router table build is very impressive, you have paid a lot of attention to the detail and made a very functional machine, and I like the idea of the foam to hold the cutters.

Thanks, Roy. I've since added the Magport coupling for the 100mm dust port and JessEm Clear-Cut guides for the fence.

Hi

I am using a Kreg table and Triton router, with a remote switch that is easily accessable. I can adjust the lift from above but adjusting the speed can be a pain, need a mirror to read the numbers. The JessEm Clear-Cut guides are really good. I have looked at the AUKTools router but not got round to it, do you know if there is a muscle chuck or similar for it? Those magports are really nice, better than the spring clamps I currently use, will have to look into getting them.

Roy, here is the site where I bought my AUKTools router:

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/collections/auktools
Abandoning the Triton for the AUKTools router will be an expensive choice, since the AUKTools router is the motor only and was designed to work with a lift. You'll have to find a lift that fits the Kreg table, or change the table to fit the lift. This is similar to the path I used, and it was painful.

I bought the Fixed Base Router with Remote Speed Control, but they also have versions with the Musclechuck.

Since my router is in the CleanSweep housing in an enclosed cabinet, I added two quick-disconnect points to the power/control cable so I could remove the router and table without having to dismantle the cabinet.

I built an Incra table a few years ago. It was expensive but worked well for me. I have used it mostly for boxes. I wanted a system which was accurate and reproducible, particularly for stopped rebates. It worked very well and for me was good value.
It is here Incra Router Table - Woodwork UK

Dave
Nice table, Dave. If it hasn't sold already, I don't know why.

Back