Incra mitre guage for Kity 1619 table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wouldchuk

Established Member
Reaction score
morning all,

Just a quickie - I was thinking of upgrading the mitre guage on my Kity 1619 table saw as the original is slopping around in the T-slot with no means of adjusting it. As a replacement, I was looking at Incra's range, but then there is also Kreg

a) does anyone else have a Kity 619 which they've upgraded and have any advice in general?

b) what size is that T-slot in the Kity? I've had a look online but not found anything too clear.

On Incra, one of their smaller products - (although I think i'd look at the 1000) is described thus:

The Miter V27's adjustable miter bar will fit standard square-sided miter slots measuring 3/4" wide, 3/8" deep, and with or without a 15/16" T-slot at the bottom. The miter bar's adjustment range accommodates actual slot widths between 0.740" and 0.760".

I think that it is simply a square bar, but has a removable piece on the end which fits into the T-slot.

Any ideas?

Tim

The kity slot is too small so you will need to replace the bar. I have a 618 and an incra gauge but have not yet adapted it to fit. Nice but of kit though. As far as I am aware there are no aftermarket gauges that will fit off the shelf. Peter Sefton was talking about having some replacement bars made for sale for the incra but I don't know if he did.

I forget the kity slot size- it is something like 15x8mm. If you look at standard sized aluminium, in metric and imperial, one combination only needs a fraction removing to fit. The t slot bit isn't important- just size the bar to the main bit.

The kity stuff seems to be good quality and the older ones are a great base for modifying. The newer ones are just as good for modifying, just cost a bit more.

Can confirm the quality of (at least the older) Kity mitre fence. Managed to get a spare one in a closing down sale for under £5, and after a change of slide bar, it's been used with Startrite 352 ever since. The one that was with its predecessor Kity bandsaw went with the saw and is probably also still doing sterling service somewhere in Milton Keynes :)

Grandmothers/eggs etc., but have you tried just using a centre punch on the edges of the slider, to make some small "pips"? These might be enough to tighten up the bar's fit in the slot.

Ahhh good job I checked. I think mine is a more modern machine, and the mitre slot/t-bar is both sloppy but also sticks. I may try making a sled that uses the table edges to reference and slide off, with a squared fence... be a start for good accurate cross cuts.

And the punch trick is defo worth trying so thanks... in the meantime, time to talk to my metal machining chums.....!

Latest posts

Back