INCRA Mast-R-Lift II

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
Has anyone on here any experience of the lift & router in this package
https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/p...fixed-base-router?_pos=4&_sid=322b2622a&_ss=r
My Trend T11 is on the blink again & as I seem to spend more time dismantling it than using it these days I’m looking at other options, I really don’t want to go for just inverting a standard router again so am looking for a dedicated unit, any other suggestions for such units would be gratefully received.

I have the Incra Mast-R-Lift II (Metric) lift with the AUKTools V3 router. I already had the lift, so I bought the router with the remote NVR and speed control switch. I also installed a Wixey WR525 height gauge, but haven't wired it in yet.

My router is completely enclosed in a cabinet and dust extraction housing, so I needed the remote controls. No doubt someone will comment soon on how stupid it is to enclose the router or buy incredibly expensive Incra items. To each their own, but I am very happy with my setup and after several jobs, each with over an hour of continuous use, the motor is fine, my shop remains clean, and I couldn't be happier.

Router_Table-18-XL.jpg

Not shown in this photo, but I modified my router by inserting two sets of connectors in the power cable between the speed control box and the router motor. One connection is in the dust enclosure so I can remove the lift and router assembly. The other connection is between the router cabinet and the dust enclosure so I can remove the router table top without removing the control box. I also replaced the power cable with a longer cable that has the Schuko plug to make it compatible with the German electrical outlets.

Router_Table-3-X2.jpg

I’m considering and equivalent from Sauter, mainly because I need the 306x229mm insert size. It doesn’t feature remote speed control, as the AUK motor does, but I suspect the Suhner motor is superior quality. Overall, it seems a good alternative to the INCRA or Jessem options.

Has anyone on here any experience of the lift & router in this package
https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/p...fixed-base-router?_pos=4&_sid=322b2622a&_ss=r
My Trend T11 is on the blink again & as I seem to spend more time dismantling it than using it these days I’m looking at other options, I really don’t want to go for just inverting a standard router again so am looking for a dedicated unit, any other suggestions for such units would be gratefully received.

Hi Doug.

I have been waiting a while for a jessem to come in, all looks good quality.

Thanks for the replies (y)

@MikeK is the motor part a sealed unit, one of my bugbears with the Trend was the motor drew dust into its vents.
Edit, looking at a video of the router it’s not sealed do you get much ingress of dust Mike? Also what length is your Wixey height gauge & how easy was it to fit.
Cheers.

Last edited:
@Doug B, I don't think the motor is sealed, but will look at it more closely. The only dust I noticed on the router was a very fine coat near the collet, but no dust anywhere else. The picture of the router in the enclosure above was after about 30 minutes of use. The small amount of dust on the bottom of the height adjustment screw threads was all I could find.

I'll eventually make a build thread of my router table here, but here is the post in my thread on the Festool Owners Group forum showing how I installed the Wixey gauge. The images are not so great. I eventually discovered the lens on my iPhone had a huge smudge on it, which affected all of the images. The instructions for the Wixey gauge indicated that existing holes in the Incra lift could be used, but I had to drill and tap two M5 holes. You can use 10-32 UNF, but I have access only to metric hardware.

Router Table for Small Shop

I am impressed with the accuracy and repeatability of both the Incra dial and the Wixey gauge.

I have the exact same setup as Mike; very happy. I have a Wixey on my thicknesser, but not this - my logic is that absolute measurement changes with each bit change and the setup allows intrinsic height adjustment to 0.05mm. Also I find Wixey on thicknesser drifts by a few 0.1mm over time - easier for me just to use a height gauge or setup block.

If you're near North Wilts happy for you to have hands-on.

Best Chris

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 08.04.39.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 08.04.39.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 08.04.55.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 08.04.55.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 08.05.13.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 08.05.13.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
Interesting thread, I have mine on back order, hopefully be here soon🤞🏻, don't think there has been much stock in the UK for some time, snow on Texas!!!

Thanks again @MikeK I've saved your link & will have a good read when I have more time (y)
Great to get another endorsement @Chris Hawkins & thanks for the offer which I’d take you up on but I’m north Notts so a tad too far (y)

I was looking at the Bosch with the inbuilt lift (or rather height adjustment that can be reached from above while it is under the table). I was going to pair it with the UJK stuff with an overall cost of £1000. However, my son is a luthier and he recommended getting the Trident router. It has the same adjustment obviating the need for a lift. You can buy a dedicated top and table and I think the whole set up is circa £600. I watched Crimson Guitars web channel where the guy, Ben, raved about the router and said in his opinion, it is considerably under priced. (He is sponsored by Trident) but a trip to his workshop showed that it is the set up he uses for his school and students so I take him at his word.
Also, being a luthier, he uses routers a lot more than do I.

Back