INCRA MagnaLOCK™ Router Plate - 7518-T

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronan James

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently purchased the Triton TRA001 router and I am considering the INCRA MagnaLOCK™ Router Plate - 7518-T. I have a few questions which hopefully someone can help me with.
1. Is everything I need included in the Incra package or will I need to purchase after market leveling screws, special screws to attach the router to the plate or am I good to go, just need to router out the plate in my table top?
2. Is there a more budget friendly Triton compatible option, I have read mixed reviews about the Kreg insert plate?

Thanks for any help
Regards
Ronan J

Hi Ronan

Same boat as you but a bit further along the waterways.

I have the Triton TRA router and the incra router plate.
1. It has leveling screws supplied if you bought it brand new. Yes, it is a matter of routing out a table top.

However, most router tables come with corner levelers on them with two screws each and have a non rebated hole for the plate to sit in. This makes the leveling screws on incra useless as they don't have a surface to rest on. If you are making your own table, I suggest you go for a rebated cavity for the plate to sit in , that way you can make use of the incra leveling screws.

2. Incra is a solid option and a potentially one stop solution to this. It is absolutely solid. Budget options include a kreg phenolic plate and I have also seen a kreg and trend aluminium plates, but you may have to drill the holes yourself to mount the router. Also the throat insert plates are extra on trend and kreg and are plastic, but they are included in the incra and are plated steel.

There is a ujk option as well from Axminster, but that is not a budget friendly option as much, so might as well go for the incra.

All in all, I'd recommend incra, as will many more here.

If in doubt, check out Peter Sefton's woodworkers workshop website and they have a list of things included with the incra plates.

Hi Ronan

Same boat as you but a bit further along the waterways.

I have the Triton TRA router and the incra router plate.
1. It has leveling screws supplied if you bought it brand new. Yes, it is a matter of routing out a table top.

However, most router tables come with corner levelers on them with two screws each and have a non rebated hole for the plate to sit in. This makes the leveling screws on incra useless as they don't have a surface to rest on. If you are making your own table, I suggest you go for a rebated cavity for the plate to sit in , that way you can make use of the incra leveling screws.

2. Incra is a solid option and a potentially one stop solution to this. It is absolutely solid. Budget options include a kreg phenolic plate and I have also seen a kreg and trend aluminium plates, but you may have to drill the holes yourself to mount the router. Also the throat insert plates are extra on trend and kreg and are plastic, but they are included in the incra and are plated steel.

There is a ujk option as well from Axminster, but that is not a budget friendly option as much, so might as well go for the incra.

All in all, I'd recommend incra, as will many more here.

If in doubt, check out Peter Sefton's woodworkers workshop website and they have a list of things included with the incra plates.
Thanks a million for your thorough reply. I guess its gonna have to be the Incra plate. I have a very flat and strong piece of IKEA formica counter top left over from our kitchen renovation which I think I'll use for the router table top. I also have some pdf plans for an micro adjustable fence. So let the work begin and thanks again
Regards
Ronan J

Back