Incra LS system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have this system - it doesn't come up on a search?

I'm still dithering on Incra fences and the Incra LS17 or 25 seems to be a pretty good bet when compared to the Ultra but it maybe that I'm missing something.

I know its relatively new (but not that new IIRC) and I wondered if any of the Ultra owners considered it before making the choice they did. If so, why did you chose the Ultra?

Pricing doesn't seem too far out to make comparisons there ie LS17 system = £229; LS25 system= £249 and LS25 system inc Wonderfence = £319. The 24" Ultra is £224 but to add the Wonderfence is another £195 ie total of £419.

Cheers

Tim

Tim

I bought the Ultra last Christmas (my wife wrapped it up for me :) ) and considered the LS. I decided not to go for the LS as I could see no real advantages and it cost considerablty more.

The Ultra is far more accurate than I need for even the most exacting woodwork (1/1000" adjustment!!) and the LS cannot imporove on that. Th Ultra's repeatability is, well, repeatable.

I got some metric racks and scales for it too for $6

Thanks Tony. I read your review with great interest.

It seems however that prices have altered because the LS25 System and the Ultra24 are only £25 apart now - hence my question. If there had been much in it then my decision wouldl have been made for me! So really I'm trying to determine what one does better than the other!

Cheers

tim

Hi Tim,

The LS is fine as long as you are happy to use imperial, there is no conversion kit to metric.

Neil

hi Tim

I have the LS 25 super system. Personally, think that its awesome. Had to make a seemingly enormous router table to go with it, but can honestly say that it has subsequently proved worthwhile.
At the time of purchase, the dollar was even weaker against the pound that it is now, and I had the luxury of being able to buy from the States (off Ebay), have it shipped over to my sisters and then wait until she came to visit. Which all happened within a couple of months (took almost that long to make the table). Point is that the cost was not really a major issue as it was a lot more palatable as compared to buying from the UK..
I haven't used any of the other Incra joinery systems, so it's hardvto say if the LS is that much more better that the Ultra. I still think that the adjustability and repeatability is second to none. It has more bells and whistles than I have the time to experiment. Being a product of the late sixties, I have never really learnt to work in imperial units, but this has not seemed to be an impediment. After a while, you get used to thinking in clicks; i.e the number of thou you have to tweak a position by to get a perfectly positioned joint.
Downsides, guess that it you are buying from the UK. is is going to appear very expensive.

just another view

SC

Back