Incra, Kreg precision mitre guides??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastminute

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone using one of the above, I have Kity machines and was wondering if you can buy either with a matching guide bar to suit. ie. 15mm width (T slot)?
...am also considering the bandsaw fence!!
...any comments welcome

Gerry

I have both the Osborne mitre gauge and the Incra HD mitre gauge (only just received the iIcra and haven't assembled it yet). The bars of these jigs as you are no doubt aware are designed for the larger and more standard 3/4" x 3/8" mitre slots.

This said, from looking at the two jigs I have it wouldn't take an engineering genius to adapt a smaller bar to fit tyhe jigs. I don't know if stock metal bars would fit your slot but if you managed to find an aluminium bar it could be easily machined and tuned to fit your slot/jig.

I don't know why Kity have smaller slots rather than the industry norm, perhaps they thought you would need to but all accessories for their machines from them??

Good luck

I was only a couple of clicks away from buying the incra a couple of weeks ago. I am glad that I didnt now or I would have been disapointed that it wouldnt work out of the box!

Bluekingfisher":1j8ha4e2 said:
This said, from looking at the two jigs I have it wouldn't take an engineering genius to adapt a smaller bar to fit tyhe jigs. I don't know if stock metal bars would fit your slot but if you managed to find an aluminium bar it could be easily machined and tuned to fit your slot/jig.

Good luck

I think that is what I will do, get a piece of Aly bar the right size an machine it to fit.

Sorry high-jacked you thread a bit.

Mick

Latest posts

Back