Incongruous film casting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nev":1btjy5js said:
Charlize Theron =P~ in Monster.. :shock:
good film and the great performances, but how did the casting crew come up with CT?

'We need some butt ugly homicidal manly looking type of munter'
'i know just the girl! - Charlize Theron!' :?:

when i saw this years and years ago, I wondered who CT was, i googled her and i was amazed at the babe I found!

i must agree with you nev but include the make-up being great, although thinking about it im sure the make-up keeps her looking sexy!

FYI avoid men in black 3 it was awful very disappointing after the first 2, Tommy Lee Jones looked awful! maybe he could have done with some help from CT make-up people.

Agreed - men in black 3 - absolute pants,,,,

The girl playing Lizbeth Salander in the American remake of Girl with a dragon tattoo - she tries, but she doesnt have the atitude..and the film is a bad copy...

Milla Jovovitch in the flim about Joan of Arc - nope, that was a mistake,

Speaking of which - Bruce Willis in the 5th Element - who came up with that idea !

Guess we all have our pet hates,,,

kmcleod":h1t7jbh0 said:
Speaking of which - Bruce Willis in the 5th Element - who came up with that idea !

Guess we all have our pet hates

I guess so.

I think that movie is huge fun, and I enjoy the 'glazed-eye' look of Willis throughout!
Wonderfully silly, especially the bit with the cherry stone. I think Lee Thingy is a bit poor, but hey, just don't press the red button, OK?

E.

Me in Henry IVth Part 2 tomorrow at 8.00p.m on BBC2. Look out for the extremely handsome lawyer with the large beard and be amazed at the charisma and feeling in the performance. Do they award Oscars to extras?

Seriously, it was a very interesting couple of days filming and Geofrey Palmer is the most miserable person in the world.

whiskywill":3jw0lc97 said:
Me in Henry IVth Part 2 tomorrow at 8.00p.m on BBC2. Look out for the extremely handsome lawyer with the large beard and be amazed at the charisma and feeling in the performance. Do they award Oscars to extras?
Brilliant - very keen to see it, but not just because of your performance though!
Seriously, it was a very interesting couple of days filming and Geoffrey Palmer is the most miserable person in the world.
Odd you say that.
Years ago, when I worked on radio drama (as a studio manager), he was the only actor, ever, to be gratuitously nasty to me. That was probably 30 years ago, but I still remember it (was young and impressionable). Most actors I worked with were great fun, even the ones with a "reputation," so it was a bit of a shock.

In contrast, I'm presently working with someone who had speaking parts in several of the BBC Shakespeare series of the early 1980s. He has quite a different attitude to life!

E.

I, and his other two sidekicks, spent about four hours filming with him over two days and not once did he say a single word to us, not even a nod of acknowledgement that we were there. He did, however, fluff his lines many times.

"Happy Christmas VT!"*

There were certain fairly well known actors, who probably should remain nameless, who knew I used to get fits of the giggles, and would time it during recordings so that they told the punchline of a particularly silly (or rude) joke, moments before the green light came on.

It is staggeringly hard not to laugh when every fibre is trying to (and often they're pulling faces too!).

Happy days.

E.

*You probably have to be of a certain age.

Back