Inca bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometime wood worker, what's the round bar attached to the nearside of the table used for please? Adding an extension? Not seen it before.
as mentioned it is the table part of a stop, if you want I can tale a picture of the complete unit.

For anyone else, if you have the extension bar (right angled aluminium) that fits on to the mitre fence I would appreciate knowing the exact dimensions and a picture of the shape that fits onto the mitre fence. A dimensioned PDF would be even better. That piece is the only one that disappeared in shipping, I even have the flag stop so all I need is the bar. :(

as mentioned it is the table part of a stop, if you want I can tale a picture of the complete unit.

For anyone else, if you have the extension bar (right angled aluminium) that fits on to the mitre fence I would appreciate knowing the exact dimensions and a picture of the shape that fits onto the mitre fence. A dimensioned PDF would be even better. That piece is the only one that disappeared in shipping, I even have the flag stop so all I need is the bar. :(
Do you mean this?

Do you mean this?

Attachments

• IMG_20210128_132933.jpg
    IMG_20210128_132933.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 18
This is what I have Jerome, on top of John's angled head.
Happy to measure any to the best of my ability.
20210128_170355(1).jpg

Still haven't got round to getting a zero clearence insert! BillnextDoor actually owns a plastic printing company. 'Hmmmmm.....'

Last edited:
Hmmm. I'm not sure that I have one of those. Now I have a burning aluminium-angle-with-a-flag-stop envy.
I'll have to find my circle cutting jig and take some pictures. Or my belt sanding accessories...

These are the bits I got with mine...

Attachments

• F830E75D-7EA2-4408-B5CA-3C452BB78C31.jpeg
    F830E75D-7EA2-4408-B5CA-3C452BB78C31.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 21
And the detail of the table tilting mechanism.
0A4373BD-B843-4D1F-BE52-C2314D88109D.jpeg

Attachments

• 0FA9E4B9-EDD8-4EE8-A961-D76677B726F1.jpeg
    0FA9E4B9-EDD8-4EE8-A961-D76677B726F1.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 6
This is what I have Jerome, on top of John's angled head.
Happy to measure any to the best of my ability.
View attachment 102037

Still haven't got round to getting a zero clearence insert! BillnextDoor actually owns a plastic printing company. 'Hmmmmm.....'
@Bm101 and @HamsterJam You both have got the piece that went missing so measurements of it would be great, length isn’t important but thickness and width if the faces are, it is almost certainly a metric piece so millimetre measurements are probably better, thanks

if you can also get an impression of the end that is down on the bench @Bm101 (or table @HamsterJam ) that has the small slots where it fits onto the mitre gauge. Maybe charcoal on the face then pressed onto paper might work for that
D3F3F394-A0CB-46A3-96B3-0218AD3252AB.png

PS. I also need a link to a supplier of replacement tyres as I think that mine are due. PU may be preferable, comments welcome, given the lifetime of these (over 40 years) they will probably be the only ones I ever need.

Last edited:
I bought some orange PU tyres s few years back on eBay. I bought them in the US, and had them delivered to one of my BILs, prior to the annual pilgrimage. I was a bit worried about fitting them, but in the end it was a doddle. Can't say there was a dramatic improvement in anything, though. Blades seem to be the deciding factor.

I was just looking at the Inca spares earlier, I reckon I might benefit from a new tensioning spring. Wow! Those prices are astronomical. Who'd pay £30 for a star knob(settle down).

I was just looking at the Inca spares earlier, I reckon I might benefit from a new tensioning spring. Wow! Those prices are astronomical. Who'd pay £30 for a star knob(settle down).
I had the same situation about a year ago. With where I live what I did was to take the old spring with me to a local hardware shop that had an enormous variety of springs found one that though it was way too long had the correct diameter and wire size, cut it to a bit longer than the original, probably 5~10%, and fitted it. It may have cost about £1.00 for two springs.

In case anyone's interested, here's the circle jig, the sanding belt kit, and a couple of things I'm guessing replace the guide blocks for the ultra small blades. They were in the sanding belt box...

Attachments

• IMG_20210129_122328.jpg
    IMG_20210129_122328.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210129_122353.jpg
    IMG_20210129_122353.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210129_122631.jpg
    IMG_20210129_122631.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 15
I bought some orange PU tyres s few years back on eBay. I bought them in the US, and had them delivered to one of my BILs, prior to the annual pilgrimage. I was a bit worried about fitting them, but in the end it was a doddle. Can't say there was a dramatic improvement in anything, though. Blades seem to be the deciding factor.
How did you know you needed them?

I suspect that I may as my current toughsaw blade won’t track under load, it’s possibly the blade but I think I’ve had it on the saw before, I just sharpened it (a trivial job that improves even new blades though it takes a little time) and put it on the saw.

In case anyone's interested, here's the circle jig, the sanding belt kit, and a couple of things I'm guessing replace the guide blocks for the ultra small blades. They were in the sanding belt box...
You are correct on the guides they are for fretsaw blades and those blades track in the centre of the wheel.

Now I have circle cutting jig envy and plastic insert envy, The circle jig is the only one I didn’t get when I got the saw.

Back