Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Inca bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Mal-110

Established Member
Reaction score
i would suggest putting an ad in the wanted section of the forum
Thanks Droogs. I did try but apparently I don't have sufficient privileges. I don't have enough posts to sell but I thought I had enough to put in a wanted ad in. Then I got waylaid as I had a call to say my Western Red Cedar was ready at the woodyard. So off I went.

MusicMan

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
You probably know this, but note that the Inca wheels are flat, not crowned, and the usual youtube instructions for having the blade tracking on the top of the crown do not apply. The teeth should be just hanging over the front edge of the drive wheel and similar on the lower wheel. If it then falls off the wheel (when tensioned) I think the wheels have to be misaligned, or bumpy (need new tyres, easily found).

sssamuel

Reaction score
Thank you for the tip! I just placed an order, hopefully it will do the trick.

You think any neighbour will do, or does it have to be a specific model?

"Nice" to hear that someone else has the same problem. It is very frustrating and makes me question my whole existence. I will let you know when my little bandsaw is up and running again! :)

I can't speak for Samuel, but I have put sufficient tension on the blade before trying to adjust its tracking. I have some experience with other bandsaws so I hope my judgement of "sufficient" is correct! :)
Hi!

Actually, the local company in sweden I ordered my saw bands from just contacted me and said that they had confirmed a production error which resulted in slightly misaligned blade welding. So I guess that was my problem for all three blades, and when I get the new replacement blades later this week I hope to get perfect and stable tracking!

cheers!

//Samuel