Inca Bandsaw service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a footnote to all the above Alasdair [Torx ] delivered the Inca bandsaw to my door a couple of weeks ago and I am absolutely delighted with it. It looks as good as new and performs beautifully. Thank you Alasdair, you have done an amazing job. Sorry for the delay in posting a photo but I seem to have been very busy recently.

Nice to meet you Mike, thanks again for the tea and welcome rest stop. Glad you’re pleased with the machine.

you do know that the only blade that is supposed to run in the Center of the wheel is the fretsaw blade?

All others should be adjusted so the teeth should hang off the edge of the wheel. Like this.

View attachment 110407View attachment 110406

the Elu bandsaw tyres are not crowned so the tracking is different from almost all other bandsaw but similar to the big industrial ones.
View attachment 110408
View attachment 110409
Agreed - I run my Euro260 with the blade teeth protruding off the front of the wheels per the instructions.

Had an issue with my Euro 260 today which I thought is probably worth sharing…
Started to get a rythmic banging noise while cutting tenons. Removed blade and still there and could hear/feel it when rotating lower wheel by hand so feared motor bearings.
Turns out the the lower wheel had moved back on the motor shaft and was making contact with the chassis.
There is an M10 bolt in the end of the shaft and an M3 grub screw holding the wheel and a key onto the motor shaft. Removed M10 bolt and loosened the grub screw then used a small pry bar to carefully persuade the wheel forward on the shaft and reassembled.
Working fine now 👍🏻

I am an Inca owner and will follow this with interest.
Hi powertools. I have recently purchased the same machine but without a manual. Also the blade guides are worn away and need replacing. Any ideas where I can purchase them? I've searched the net without success. Any pointers will be most appreciated.

Parts for these are hard to find or prohibitively expensive, be easier to make your own, I made mine out of some lignum vitae pen blanks

Online manual here
https://imgur.io/a/MhUvj

Last edited:
Hi powertools. I have recently purchased the same machine but without a manual. Also the blade guides are worn away and need replacing. Any ideas where I can purchase them? I've searched the net without success. Any pointers will be most appreciated.

Can you post a photo of the worn guides?

Can you post a photo of the worn guides?
There is only one of the upper and none of the lower showing, the remains of them is still in situ. I have tried to get a clear pic of the one I took out but it doesn't help. They were of a metal tiny bar 5mm x5mm. I wonder if another make of bandsaw have the same size.

Here's a pic of my originals that I replaced with lignum

20221018_132122.jpg
20221018_132242.jpg
20221018_132306.jpg
20221018_132318.jpg
20221018_132242.jpg

Attachments

• 20221018_132217.jpg
    20221018_132217.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Late to the party, but I wonder if you ever considered swapping the blade tightening spring that is found in the blade tightening block behind the upper wheel? I have an identical saw and have had problems getting a good enough tension on the blade. I thought maybe the spring wears out after decades of use? Curious to here your thoughts @Torx.

I can't see from your photos but my saw has a cut out area at the base. Is this standard for Incas or is it a mod?
My apologies for coming in so late.
The cutout is a standard design on early bandsaws. It may well not be present on models that have a lower dust port. My saw has been with me from new about 45 years ago.

The cutout is a standard design on early bandsaws. It may well not be present on models that have a lower dust port. My saw has been with me from new about 45 years ago.
I replaced mine recently. I'd like to say it made a big difference, but to be honest, it's difficult to tell.

Late to the party, but I wonder if you ever considered swapping the blade tightening spring that is found in the blade tightening block behind the upper wheel? I have an identical saw and have had problems getting a good enough tension on the blade. I thought maybe the spring wears out after decades of use? Curious to here your thoughts @Torx.
It does see the thread that @John Brown as referenced.

I have a later machine with a dust port under the table. It does not have a cutout in the lower part of the casing.

Back