inca 260 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an old Swiss 260. Everything about it works just fine, except for the guide post (if that's the term), which is horrendously stiff and sticky when trying to raise or lower.
I'm planning to take it apart tomorrow to see what can be done, but I've dismantled and cleaned it before, to little avail. Anyone have any tips? Or is it a weak point of an otherwise great little saw?

Ohhh, got a picture of that dust extraction on the otherside PT?

I took it apart, cleaned the parts up with WD40 and ScotchBrite, reassembled with a smear of food grade silicone grease. So far so good. Time will tell...
I have a small sachet of red(Lithium?) grease, but I read somewhere that it's a bad idea for aluminium.

Today I found the time to look into the problem and stripped out the height adjusting leg and found that there was a lot of compressed saw dust in there. I cleaned that off and lubricated it and it now works better than it has for a long time.

Ohhh, got a picture of that dust extraction on the otherside PT?

The dust extraction is a bit work in progress. I didn't want to make any permanent modifications to it so I have used 2 car steering rack gaiters that fit inside the holes at the bottom of the saw connected to the shop vac with some plumbing fittings.
It is an improvement but is by no means a total solution. Next step is to try and collect dust from under the table.

The dust extraction is a bit work in progress. I didn't want to make any permanent modifications to it so I have used 2 car steering rack gaiters that fit inside the holes at the bottom of the saw connected to the shop vac with some plumbing fittings.
It is an improvement but is by no means a total solution. Next step is to try and collect dust from under the table.

I will try to take a picture of my mod tomorrow. It's not perfect, and I don't use it unless I'm cutting something nasty.

IMG_20201202_115831.jpg
IMG_20201202_170132.jpg
IMG_20201202_170116.jpg

Back