inca 260 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertc4022

Established Member
Reaction score
hi im trying to find how old my inca euro 260 bandsaw is i only bought it last week,it doesnt have a dust port and the motor is under the table ,the motor is a hoover ac bss 170/39,any info would be gratefully appreciated,hope i posted right, first time to post
thanks robert

I cannot help with a year of manufacture, although many machines have it stamped on the spec label but assume you looked there

Its remarkably similar to others I have seen, DeWalt, Kity, Elu and others

Without a dust port its likely 1990s or earlier I would have thought

Hi thanks contacted hoover about the motor said stopped making them in early 70s ,as far as I can ascertain it's original to the saw .I'll just keep looking for more info
Thanks

[email protected]

Try joining this group. Used to be the Yahoo group. All and everything Inca. That's from my email account. You may have to search a little to get the details to join.

what colour is the saw and where was it made? the "no dust port" ones are earlier.

I saw something about the factory moving to France in 75, but I haven't seen anything else to back this up. There are a few sites where you can download a brochure which may give you a clue.

what will confuse things slightly is that some of the info is American where the model numbers are 310, 320, 330 and 340. I believe that these may all have been incarnations of the "euro 260".

I dont have much to do this afternoon, so...

in 1985, there was no dustport, by 1987 had appeared.

an advert for 1968 shows a bandsaw that is very similar to the 260, so it had a fair old lifespan.

I found reference to most of the 70s and early 80s being Swiss, but "though there were some imported from France" [into the usa]

BS170 (imperial) was replaced by BS5000 (metric) for electrical rotating machines in the early 70s

I was in secondary school in the mid 60s and we were taught joint imperial and metric units so I would expect industry to be changing over then too.

[email protected]

Try joining this group. Used to be the Yahoo group. All and everything Inca. That's from my email account. You may have to search a little to get the details to join.
Thanks joined already they dont seem to have any with motor under the table they think it's one of the first run of production

what colour is the saw and where was it made? the "no dust port" ones are earlier.

I saw something about the factory moving to France in 75, but I haven't seen anything else to back this up. There are a few sites where you can download a brochure which may give you a clue.
Its green and grey ,looked at sites the motor seems to be imperial connections and as far as I know stopped using imperial in 65

I think that grey and green puts it fairly early too. they later had cream and green, green, and then blue/green

This is mine.
It was made in '93 in France.
euro260-jpg.84625

This is mine before I cleaned it up. Sorry pictures not great

Attachments

• 20200718_211216.jpg
    20200718_211216.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • 20200718_211206.jpg
    20200718_211206.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
Back