In need of clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpolish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody I am in the need of some clamps around 6 in all for now.There main purpose is for glueing doors Lightweight frame and panelled ones. I am looking for a decent priced one that is going to keep the timber flat to the clamp. At the moment I have some cheap ones and as soon as you put a little pressure on it the whole thing just pushes up even with a clamp on the reverse of the panel. Has anybody got any deals on for the bessey 600x85 ?
Also has anybody used the axminster sash cramps the ones you buy in a set.
Thanks in advance Phil

Pony pipe clamps are a good alternative (and much more adaptable/versatile as well as less money) to K-Bodys.

Noel

Hi Noel thanks for your quick reply
Can you buy the threaded pipe easily and is it a lot cheaper than axminster sell there kits for?
Thanks Phil.

Phil, depends...I've been lucky because I have a plumber friend but I've heard others mention that it can be a problem. Try a set with the pipes from Axminster and see what you think of them.

Noel

Pipes are easy to get from a good plumbers merchant, the problem is threading the cut ends unless you have the correct die & stock so it may workout cheaper to but the pipe sets from axminster.

I get my clamp heads fromToolbay

Jason

Hello Phill,
I have some of the sash cramps from Axminster that you mean, the quality of them is exellent. If your not familiar with record 138's and they were painted blue you could be fooled into thinking they were them. The oly difference is mall nut's and bolts to fix the heads on instead of rivets and the hammerite green colour. They also include a very usefull joining piece to double the cramp length by fitting two together. Very good iron castings and very strong, highly recommend for the price and I will will be buying some more.

cheers, jonny.

Back