Imbuya Tazza's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Two 8" Tazza's made with Imbuya and Box they are both 8" wide x 9" tall and they are made using 6 pieces of wood the bowl 8" x 2" and base 4" x 1" then the spindle which is made using four pieces of wood 2 Imguya and two Box total length of spindle 6" long and they are both finished with Danish Oil for a satin finish
The second one has already been taken by my daughter in law blooming kids LOL she wanted the other one but the wife put he foot fimly down and declared NO IT IS MINE I only made them and dont get a say in what happens with them LOL

Attachments

• 45.JPG
    45.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 932
  • 46.JPG
    46.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 931
woodyturner":1nt10r70 said:
Two 8" Tazza's made with Imbuya and Box they are both 8" wide x 9" tall and they are made using 6 pieces of wood the bowl 8" x 2" and base 4" x 1" then the spindle which is made using four pieces of wood 2 Imguya and two Box total length of spindle 6" long and they are both finished with Danish Oil for a satin finish
The second one has already been taken by my daughter in law blooming kids LOL she wanted the other one but the wife put he foot fimly down and declared NO IT IS MINE I only made them and dont get a say in what happens with them LOL

They are lovely, Woody. Are they fixed/glued or are they just pushfitted?

Regards

12345Peter":s0xkk1tf said:
woodyturner":s0xkk1tf said:

They are lovely, Woody. Are they fixed/glued or are they just pushfitted?

Regards
They are all glued together

If I may get my negative thought out of the way first, I think they look a little unstable for general use [tall with narrow foot].
However, regardless of that personal view, it's a beautiful piece, lovely curves, great finish and I particularly like the lighter 'frill' on the stem.
Thanks for sharing, it's given me some inspiration.

monkeybiter":wtgprdvs said:
If I may get my negative thought out of the way first, I think they look a little unstable for general use [tall with narrow foot].
However, regardless of that personal view, it's a beautiful piece, lovely curves, great finish and I particularly like the lighter 'frill' on the stem.
Thanks for sharing, it's given me some inspiration.
Hi Mike I have tried them with fruit in and they are very stable even with grapes hanging down one side and the rest filled with fruit as a table centre piece as long as no one goes mad that is LOL

I like these very much a good colour match and lovely finish. I think the frills set the pieces off a treat please could you tell me how you achieved them.

Regards
Berns

inaspin":fgxiwpbr said:
I like these very much a good colour match and lovely finish. I think the frills set the pieces off a treat please could you tell me how you achieved them.

Regards
Berns
first I tuned them then with a hole through the middle for a dowel to go though and a 3mm tall x 1mm lip on the edge then I used a diamond file to create the curves and a dremel to drill the holes in the lip

Latest posts

Back