Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Image Gallery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Charley,

Could the images gallery be "non-moderated"?

I ask as A) I can't honestly believe anyone is going to post something stupid in there B) It could be deleted if it was C) e.g. When I posted the images earlier, I had to wait for them to be approved, before I could link o them in a posting - which seems to add extra effort into the loop.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, no probs!

Adam

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Could you make it say, 1850 x 1850 pixels max? I had to take down the image size and resolution of all my pics - it'd be much easier to upload them direct!

Adam

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't know about anyone else but my monitor won't display anything that big anyway, and I just hate having to scroll a pic. Also remember us poor benighted dial-up users, eh? :D

Cheers, Alf

Who makes a point of resizing all pics to make them as download-friendly as possible, you lazy blighter :p

andrewm

Established Member
Reaction score
Here, here. I was going to say exactly the same but Alf pipped me to it.

Adam, there are various free utilities about that will bulk resize images as well as CompuPic which is not free but does an excellent job in that department. A 30-day free trial is available if you want to try it.

Andrew
(who seldom manages to connect atmuch above 44kbps)

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
OK - point taken, but it allows you to zoom in, and they are already available as thumbnails, so you don't have to click on them unless you really are interested, and most importantly, regardless of image dimensions, Charley has the limit set to 2MB/image anyway - even if it is small in pixels.

I stand by my original post, can the dimension sizes be uplifted, - drop the max file size perhaps, if you wish to assist modem users, and I run at 800 x 600, so have to scroll, but prefer the extra detail.

I like large (pixel) images, at high JPG compression, rather than small(pixel) images, at low jpg compression, given the same actual file size(bytes).

Adam

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry again Adam but I'd rather keep the size restriction in place for the reasons pointed out by Alf and remember I have to store them on my webspace.

Dewy

Established Member
Reaction score
I moderate on the forum of a chat program. No posts are allowed in until they are approved. You'd be surprised at the things some try to put in.
It's the same for users profile pics. At one time pics went on instantly. Unfortunately some were putting unsavoury images on so now every image has to be looked at & doesn't go on for 24 hours.
Moderating images is the best idea.