I'm on a roll

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I had quite a productive day yesterday. Turned a wee prototype beehive pull for the bedroom furniture drawers, rough turned a small cherry bowl for drying indoors, and had a bash at a goblet from a bit of beech I have been drying.
IMG_2796-640.jpg

I'm quite chuffed with how thin I managed to get the stem. I just wish I'd had the cojones to thin down the cup part a bit more. Judging by the number of disposable masks I'm using, I think I need to convince SWMBO that a decent respirator in in order

Tazmaniandevil":wermquf6 said:
Judging by the number of disposable masks I'm using, I think I need to convince SWMBO that a decent respirator in in order

Best investment available - you can't buy health.

Goblet is looking good

Tazmaniandevil":3rzlungd said:
I'm quite chuffed with how thin I managed to get the stem.

Me too. particularly the fact it is the same size all the way along. How did you do it? Skew?

drillbit":2qb2yt7g said:
Tazmaniandevil":2qb2yt7g said:
I'm quite chuffed with how thin I managed to get the stem.

Me too. particularly the fact it is the same size all the way along. How did you do it? Skew?
Aye, took it down to about 1cm with a spindle gouge then started "planing" it with a 1/2" skew. Supported the cup end with the tailstock to reduce wobble as much as possible

Back