I'm not really back yet....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, I've done me time. Eight glorious weeks of hard work, you know, waitress service for meals, nice relaxing massages on the aching muscles, that sort of thing.

So I'm home but.... I can't see the lathe yet and it will be a while before I can set it spinning once again as the wife has a list.

First was the kitchen. That is operational although not quite finished.
Second is the workshop / food area. I am halving the size of the workshop as I no longer need the big sawbench which was for making kitchens. Water is on but I have to finish the walls, do the electrics, do the extraction etc, then tile the floor.
After that.... I haven't looked at the rest of the list yet.

So progress is being made but the back still troubles so I can't rush like I used to.

I look forward to seeing the entries for this month's challenge although sadly it will be a while before I can consider getting involved again. Best of luck to all.

Attachments

• 100_3157.jpg
    100_3157.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 965
  • 100_3158.jpg
    100_3158.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 965
I'm not really back yet....
Well the first thought that came forth when first viewing that title this evening was, "well he is at least well enough to keep posting"
The second one when viewing the images was "he's trying to get back in hospital :shock: " so for goodness sake take things easy.
The third one was "......" ,
well that one was based on past experiences at having to consume some of the past posts and is better left unsaid. :p :twisted:

Hey Gordon, good to hear from you again. glad that you are home at last.
Take it easy and give yourself a chance to recover.
I know the doctors told you that ,and they know nothing .
Thats why I am here to send thist post to you. Because they know nothing.
Do what they tell you.
Good luck and hope you are back turning soon. God Bless.

Get well Gordon!
At least you are in the land of decent healthcare. Take heed of what they say :wink: :wink: :wink:

John. B

John. B":1rr4er9y said:
Get well Gordon!
At least you are in the land of decent healthcare. Take heed of what they say :wink: :wink: :wink:

John. B

How true. The old chestnut about the NHS being the best in the world is about 50 years out of date.

I really am taking it easy, I get Ronnie to lift anything over 50 kilos. Serves her right for making a list. AND she tidied up my woodpile whilst I was away and now I can't see the wood for the trees. She will pay for this.

"but I was only trying to be helpful!!!!" :shock:

50kilo's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh, yeh!!

PS I have had first hand treatment in france so tis true!

John. B

John. B":n9ez011x said:
50kilo's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh, yeh!!

PS I have had first hand treatment in france so tis true!

John. B
Yeah!! So there.....

or was that 50 oz? I get so confused these days. Actually of course, one block at a time is quite adequate ta very much. I get a bit nervous doing building work as Ronnie's brothers are builders and she seems to know when I do it wrong. They visit regularly too so the walls will get the once or twice over and laughter will no doubt ensue.

Good to see your back Gordon? Or should that read good to see that you're back mate.. That sounds better even if it sounds the same? My brain 'urts! :? Good to know that the treatment actually worked and your efforts weren't for nowt. Probably improver yer French too so can't be bad :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If your B-in-laws are builders then quietly invite them over and slip a trowel into their unsuspecting mits with a promise of no work, no beer/wine/food/bed/etc. Get me drift :twisted: Instant workshop and back to turning toot sweet :mrgreen:

What ever else, take care!!

I used to get all sorts of funny looks when I accidentially substituted hotel for hospital - but it sounds like you could well do the same.

Glad you are up to 'posting', although it look slike you are up for anything really :)

50kg isn't the problem, you will be able to handle that fine with the correct posture, supported direct to the body and all your core muscles fired up and maintaining the necessay support.......the problem is that that is rarely the case, and 5kg can easily be a disaster! Personally I wish I had taken the physio's silly little exercises a lot more seriously the first time, and then there probably wouldn't have been the second time and other issues :( however, I should also be at a pilates class now instead of typing this so I haven't really learned.

get 'well' soon

jumps":1jlpd7vv said:
I used to get all sorts of funny looks when I accidentially substituted hotel for hospital - but it sounds like you could well do the same.

Glad you are up to 'posting', although it look slike you are up for anything really :)

50kg isn't the problem, you will be able to handle that fine with the correct posture, supported direct to the body and all your core muscles fired up and maintaining the necessay support.......the problem is that that is rarely the case, and 5kg can easily be a disaster! Personally I wish I had taken the physio's silly little exercises a lot more seriously the first time, and then there probably wouldn't have been the second time and other issues :( however, I should also be at a pilates class now instead of typing this so I haven't really learned.

get 'well' soon
Thanks Jumps,

As Paul Simon sang "they get better but they never get well"

At my age I have to accept that there are some things the medical profession can't fix. A totally worn out lower spine seems to be one of them. However, as you say, I now have the techniques to use the muscles correctly and yes, 50 kilos is actually managable - musclewise. About ten minutes after that, the left leg stops working and I can only move the back in one direction. This is why I am scaling back on the heavy work. Fortunately, on the whole, turning will sit nicely within the new parameters.

The building blocks are not too bad but as with so many things, its the cumulative effect that is the problem.

"I need to have a lie down now Dear, are you making coffee?"

"Which bit of you're well enough to get it yourself don't you understand?? Oh and while your at it...." O:)

Gus wrote - First was the kitchen. That is operational although not quite finished.

Don't worry about finishing it, matey - My Dad went to his grave 37 years, (yep, you read that right!) after starting the kitchen and still the 'flyover' worktop did a passable impression of a flying worktop.

Mum still forgives him, now!

Hope the back gets better and better.

Greg

Gordon,

Good to have you back on the forum; I always enjoy your posts (I suspect you have a similar warped sense of humour to my own!!). Hope your recuperation continues well.

Best wishes,

Mike.

henton49er":30ualjcd said:
Gordon,

Good to have you back on the forum; I always enjoy your posts (I suspect you have a similar warped sense of humour to my own!!). Hope your recuperation continues well.

Best wishes,

Mike.

Nah, must have been some other bloke. Deeply and deadly serious moi! Never ever cracked me face. :D

Jonzjob":3sh62qer said:
I can only agree with Gordon! Nobody has a sense of humour like him, well, me possibly? But his would never match mine 'cause he's much too serious :? :?

er... yeah right :shock:

keep taking them John, you'll be fine :roll:

Jonzjob":4nlr6nu1 said:
I'm not as keen on the pills. I prefer an amber bier :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

Why is it that the posts between you two always end up with drink being mentioned. :roll: Reminds me of the times when you would be brought to court for being drunk and disorderly and refuseing to fight. :lol: :lol:
A young lad from our village was in court for this very reason, :wink: the Judge called his father and asked him if his son drank a lot, The father answered Your Honour, On a good days drinking , I often spilled more on me tie . :mrgreen:

Get well SIR and dont listen to bad advice, I should point out that not all advice is bad. :lol: :lol:

Back