I'm leaving....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sausage

Reaction score
To all

I joined here a few days ago for some friendship & knowledge but it has taken long before a member has been less than polite and accused me of "whinging". I find life difficult enough without having to defend my innocuous first post.
I haven't got the inclination or indeed energy to argue.... so I'm off. I'll continue my learning on You Tube.

Stay safe & wear that mask.

Sausage

tenor.gif

Perhaps think about whether your first post was a good way to introduce yourself to a forum.

Why do people feel they need to announce that they are leaving? Are they expecting "no please dont gooooo, we need you"?

To all

I joined here a few days ago for some friendship & knowledge but it has taken long before a member has been less than polite and accused me of "whinging". I find life difficult enough without having to defend my innocuous first post.
I haven't got the inclination or indeed energy to argue.... so I'm off. I'll continue my learning on You Tube.

Sausage
Did you join just to get "IT" off your chest.

If so, looks like you achieved what you came for.

To all

Sausage

The forum will be whatever you make of it, but you can't expect to join any given forum without any post history and expect every single person to get your intentions right starting off with a negative post.

There are plenty of other topics to talk about if you stick around and learn to ignore peripheral shots from others and address the posts of people who actually want to converse.

You mention having to defend yourself - keep in mind, you don't have to. You can ignore stuff like that instead - let people think whatever they will and disregard whatever they think if you feel that they're off base.

Hi

You just got off on the wrong foot, to join a forum and then complain about a company is I don't believe the purpose of these forums. I would have joined and asked others about their experiences with said company and then mentioned my issues asking what others might do. Once this issue is sorted you will find a wealth of knowledge and experience on this site, I for one own and use a Woodrat and there will be others. I would suggest you draw a line and start again, let others get to know you and for you to properly introduce yourself and accept that no one ever agrees with everyone and there will always be differences in opinion.

Hi Sausage,
I think you just worded your problem in the wrong way and it has brought some unpleasant replies , especially to a newcomer.
If you enjoy woodworking and related topics why not stay and enjoy the forum.
I'm afraid I have no idea what a Woodrat looks so can't help you there.

Hi John

The Woodrat is marketed as a "unique router control system that harnesses the power of your router to make virtually any woodworking joint." Take a look at WoodRat . I think Sausage either has one or is getting one and it is a really useful bit of kit, great for traditional dovetails and loose tenon joinery.

I'd like to thank you for all your posts and say you will be sadly missed, you have added a lot over your time here, the forum will not be the same, i'm pretty heartbroken to see you going. I suppose like all good things it has just run it's natural course.
We've seen some changes over your time here that's for sure....................... I remember the good old days, way back at the end of October, great times, why oh why do things have to change.

To all

Sausage

There is the possibility that the person who made the offending comment is insensitive, lacks empathy, didn’t realise that you are you are a fragile soul or .... made a valid point!

I have never seen a Woodrat before. It's £600 plus a router, bits and jigs. The advertising does suggest it can do quite a lot. Generally I find that when knocking out a few dovetails or M&T joints I might as well do it by hand rather than incur the set up and test time of a jig system. I've always thought that router cut dovetails for example have that "machine made" production look, which is not what I aspire to.

I don't think the forum is nasty. It's just that members don't seem to like it being used to name and shame suppliers as a first post. Such posts rarely end well. It is simply not worth taking offence at anything on the internet.

I've always thought that router cut dovetails for example have that "machine made" production look, which is not what I aspire to.

I am no expert on dovetails but the design of the Woodrat allows you more freedom on size and spacing. quote" The results come out great - especially the very thin dovetails that look like handcuts. Lots of room for creativity. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back